Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    How many people saw the new Narnia movie?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many people saw the new Narnia movie?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
What character in "King Kong" most reminded you of Ray, or that you thought would "be" Ray if he were a character in the movie?

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a difficult question. None of them really reminded me of Ray...if anything, it was Kong! Smiler

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann Darrow. Who else in the story could enjoy a sunset with a monkey? Twice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two good choices. And Ann Darrow was robbed when the awards nominations went around. Neither are the one I would have picked, though.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Preston...Lumpy!?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NOOO!

posted Hide Post
Thank goodness!

posted Hide Post
Colin Hanks then. It must be Colin Hanks. Denham’s assistant, Preston. He's even got glasses.

posted Hide Post
Elementary: the thoughtful one, pondering possibilities instead of rushing in recklessly. Look at how freaked out he was on learning of the thick fog surrounding Skull Island. Think what Ray's imagination would have been making of that. He was also the one to moralize rather than materialize--only he and Jack had thoughtful observations on Denham's exploitation of Kong, while practically everyone else except Ann just enabled it. That exchange was SO Bradbury you could see him writing it! And the little glasses helped and made him SOOO cute!

posted Hide Post
Reading those Carole-Nelson Douglas "Irene Adler" books again, hey? Most observant deductions. Well beyond my powers. If they ever do a play about "THE woman" (and realizing that you know the territory) they should give you the lead.

posted Hide Post
I can't act, but if a director has gotta have "that face," I'm there!

posted Hide Post
I guess this belongs in this thread:
(from Grolier)

Today is March 2
On this day in 1933, the film King Kong premiered at Radio City Music Hall, giving instant stardom to the most popular movie monster of all time.

Poor King Kong! The oversized ape is living peacefully on an island when he is found by a greedy man named Carl Denham. (Denham: "Why, the whole world will pay to see this!") Denham uses a beautiful blonde woman (played by Fay Wray) as bait to capture King Kong. (Denham: "We've got something he wants.") Love struck, Kong becomes a sideshow in New York City. (Denham: "Don't be alarmed, ladies and gentlemen, those chains are made of chrome steel.") Kong escapes and destroys Manhattan in search of his beloved blonde. Atop the Empire State Building, he dodges bullets and swats war planes, but in the end, he dies. (Denham: "It wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast.")

Great trivia question (from me):
When they first land on the island, Denham and his men are spotted by the natives whilst filming them. Avoiding a confrontation, Denham cocks his hat, turns and nonchalantly walks away, whistling.

The question is:
What is he whistling?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Carelessly” according to the script. I referred to Liner Notes descriptions in the CD and he didn’t clarify it.

Seriously, that’s a darn fine question but I’m mortified. I’ve listened to it a dozen times and I can’t place it. Sounds like some torch song I should know but I can’t place it. Can’t get the tune out of my head now either.

posted Hide Post
Well, I'll let you know, since you actually made the effort!
It's what used to be called the "verse" or "intro" to "St. Louis Blues" by W.C. Handy.
I am, you know, a great repository of information that is of little or no value...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little or no value? I’ll be entrancing my friends and family with this one for days to come.