Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

This is very true, also very freaky as there was a Mary Oliver in my town for years who was absolutely nothing at all like this. Mary Oliver also wrote a poem, "Wild Geese," which opens:

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

Not sure how much Buster would have agreed when young; he was a hard worker who did much wilder stuff than this. Maybe when he was old he appreciated the above. I'd like to know, why was I so happy for such a brief time, then had to spend so long being unhappy, and so long processing the unhappiness? How can I find this happiness again? If someone says I deserved to be unhappy, and someone else says I didn't, will it cancel it out? The truth is, they never actually said I deserve to be unhappy. They just said I am unworthy to be in the presence of anyone who counts. This makes me unhappy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
"People hate because they fear, and they fear anything they don't understand, which is almost everything.

Gene Barry in The 27th Day (1957) ...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one. Been wondering if anyone was reading this thread!

By the way, the Stoneface play has been extended to August 26, so if the memorial service is August 22 and if I can get to it, maybe I can see the play again!

posted Hide Post
If anyone can send good vibes or appreciation, please do.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray always helps, and was my happy thought for so many occasions--probably why I am so down now. He's just irreplaceable.

posted Hide Post
I read this thread often. Thank you for contributing such thought-provoking snippets. I hope you are well.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reading. I've been badly down lately.

posted Hide Post
A few thoughts on Buster Keaton's birthday.

I am still very glad he is part of my life, despite the appalling behavior of those who have appropriated his legacy. I have met some very interesting people and made some good friends as well as learning about a fascinating character.

One thing I really envy about Buster that I wonder if he even appreciated was, aside from occasional aches and pains from actual injuries sustained in his work, he never had any chronic physical conditions and was able to remain active to the end.

Here I am barely past 50 and already halfway to being an invalid. My arms are hurting again. This has been going on in different places in different ways for over 25 years. I had carpal tunnel laser surgery which helped immensely, but now my elbows and forearms have progressed to chronic. I don't know if any surgery would help them, and wouldn't want elbow surgery as a classmate of mine died following knee surgery.

I am in physical therapy but the rest of the time am able to do practically nothing. For the past six or eight years at least, I have been renovating the entire house and yard. Took my mind off things and gave me a feeling of accomplishment. Now I can barely lift so much as a screwdriver. I do continue to go online although that's not really good for me either. Been trying to catch up on my reading lately.

What really worries me, besides being unable to keep up with everyday chores, is how am I going to write one book, let alone two or three, with pain this severe? Perhaps another setup would help but I don't know what or how.

At least my little Buster kitty gives me some comfort and cheer. He turned a year old one month ago today.

posted Hide Post
quote:
but now my elbows and forearms have progressed to chronic.

Supplements that may help include B-6, coenzyme Q10, magnesium, and fish oils or a multi-oil.
Please write your books anyway, be well.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I was on B-vitamins at some point but lately take only C and D. Also glucosamine chondroitin for joints. This condition affects joints, muscles, and tendons.

The bad part of it started when the doctor who had been treating me with cortisone shots said I had too many and needed physical therapy. As soon as I can, I am getting on the phone to my doctor and find out if anyone can do anything!!! I can't go on with this hurting every day and unable to do anything!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,