Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If you guys don't see a serious resemblance I am sorry.

To me, the eyes in particular are nearly identical.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...To me, the eyes in particular are nearly identical.

The hands? Not so much.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the mouths very much alike.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...To me, the eyes in particular are nearly identical.

The hands? Not so much.

Yes, the original Buster was missing his right index finger tip and this one has all of his. The ears are not close either. It's the eyes, nose, and mouth. Maybe I should get a hat with ear holes!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Maybe I should get a hat with ear holes!

Yes, I'm sure that would suit you. Oh, you meant for the cat!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um...yeah. And as for the hands, the difference is: Buster Keaton was missing a right index fingertip. Buster Kitten nearly managed to remove my right index fingertip when I was trying to get him to eat! Doing much better now.

posted Hide Post
Was he? I know Harold Lloyd was missing a thumb... Do you know the story about Buster's broken neck?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Was he? I know Harold Lloyd was missing a thumb... Do you know the story about Buster's broken neck?

Yes, I do, and for some reason I thought Harold Lloyd was missing two fingers, not a thumb.

posted Hide Post
TOMORROW, GUYS! Zee will be opening Ray's mail and he will see my card tomorrow!

Prayers, good vibes, what have you. BRING IT.

posted Hide Post
quote:
TOMORROW, GUYS! Zee will be opening Ray's mail and he will see my card tomorrow!

Prayers, good vibes, what have you. BRING IT.

Prayers I don't do, but you are welcome to my good vibes, and especially all of my what have you! Wink

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quarter to noon (an odd phrase in Britain but yes it is used here in the states) and nothing yet.

http://forums.abebooks.com/n/m...com&msg=851.1&maxT=1

I LOVE YOU ALL.

posted Hide Post
Hey, guys, I started both books! Wrote the dedications so I could say I started on 11-11-11! Here is the dedication to the Bradbury book:

In loving memory of Nard Kordell

At the age of thirteen I found my life irrevocably shaken by Ray Bradbury's immortal words. Through this I have made many friends, but you stand beyond others in your uncanny and absolute understanding of exactly the impact Ray had on me, how it changed every aspect of my life and compelled me to react. Anything I told you, you would take to the grave, and unfortunately did, just one month before we were to meet in person.

To my twin to whom I am not related and my best friend I never met, I dedicate this book.

With love,
Cornelia Shields
Dayton, Washington
November 11, 2011

posted Hide Post
Bless you, Cory!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm quite pleased with this. You guys are the first to see it. No one has seen the other one.

posted Hide Post
Received a wonderful response from Sam Weller and it seems he and Jon Eller are on board to help with my project. (Hey--their names rhyme!)