Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Extremely melancholy because tomorrow is the first anniversary of when I discovered Buster and was happy for two whole months for the first time in years. I am so sad it was such a flash in the pan and I can't do anything to bring it back or make anything better in seemingly any aspect, just wait for things to worsen unto the grave.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the one-year anniversary of my discovery of Buster during the TCM marathon. Anyone want to say how long they've been interested and how they started?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
This is the one-year anniversary of my discovery of Buster during the TCM marathon. Anyone want to say how long they've been interested and how they started?

Do you know, ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated by the silent greats. I really have no idea why, but if it was silent and black and white, it immediately attracted my attention. I think I was first attracted by the aesthetic beauty of them.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they have that unreal feeling of a familiar but different world.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, they have that unreal feeling of a familiar but different world.

Even today, as a filmmaker, I prefer to shoot in B&W. I know lots of young people who get turned off by black and white programs on television - they'll surf right by them. With me, it was the opposite - black and white attracted my attention. That's what usually made me stop channel surfing.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some movies and TV shows would have been just as good in color but so many would not.

posted Hide Post
TKAM remains in its glorious b&w original state!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With me, it was the opposite - black and white attracted my attention. That's what usually made me stop channel surfing.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. Light and shadow was the "colour" of black & white. Love 'em. Hey Doug, how can I see some of your work?

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
Hey Doug, how can I see some of your work?

Thanks! Here is a short film I was hired to direct a year and a half ago. The producers didn't want it shot in B&W, but I ultimately decided that a "washed-out" early seventies style color looked good. It's called The App. I directed and did a rewrite plus wrote the scene in the motel office, although I am uncredited for the writing.

Here is a fundraiser video for my current project, the one I was working on with Ray. It will be mostly in B&W. The trailer should be online soon, as soon as we work out some scoring issues.

Another project in post is a documentary on 4E and a comedy web-series is in pre-production. I'm in talks to direct a feature-length Blair Witch Project-like film. It's too early to say yet whether that will happen. Lots of stuff in the works!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Doug!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations, Doug!!!

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I would like to work on lots of projects but so scared of things being too much for me. I just want to say I am sad and don't want to be and not doing it on purpose.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to work on lots of projects but so scared of things being too much for me. I just want to say I am sad and don't want to be and not doing it on purpose.

Jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links Doug. Nice work on The App! Father Electrico looks like it's going to be terrific. Keep us posted!

At Yestermorrows following Ray's 89th, a friend of yours sat beside me shooting video of Ray. May I ask which project that footage belongs to?

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
Thanks for the links Doug. Nice work on The App! Father Electrico looks like it's going to be terrific. Keep us posted!

At Yestermorrows following Ray's 89th, a friend of yours sat beside me shooting video of Ray. May I ask which project that footage belongs to?

Thanks! And which friend?

"Live Forever!"