Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Magic Man: An open letter.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Magic Man: An open letter.
 Login/Join

posted
Inspired? Ray Bradbury lit the fire!

Good evening everyone, my name is Steve, from Toronto Canada. That is my real name, I will use no nom de plume here, though there were many I would have liked to use.

(Foghorn? Uhm, no.)

I am what you might call a Bradbury reader. Without trying to sound too sentimental (and failing utterly), he has influenced how I live my life more than any other writer. He opened my eyes to the magic of life, and taught me to appreciate its splendours.

I've come here to thank him, because I didn't always see it. There was a time I hated life, and wanted nothing to do with it.

Until Ray snapped his fingers.

I don't know if I will ever get to meet Ray Bradbury. Perhaps someone here will. If so, please tell him, for Me, that he is the World's Greatest Magician, and his spell will last forever.

Keep Rockin'

-Steve AJ. Dylag
Toronto Canada,
December, 2006.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Steve! You've expressed yourself very well, and speak for most of us here.
There are some folks on this board who have either met, correspond with, visit, phone, and/or even work for the Magician! Search around a bit and enjoy!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post