Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Librarian Action Figure Arrives
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Librarian Action Figure Arrives
 Login/Join

posted
She's here! A miniature librarian in action, with automatic shushing motion! See her at LibrarianActionFigure.com http://www.mcphee.com/laf/
Besides the shushing function, she comes with an assortment of miniature books, one of which is "Fahrenheit 451," so I recommend we all show our loyalty and purchase one! True to form, she's already stirring a storm of controversy...from librarians who call the image "stereotypical."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta get one!

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:

Excuse me for using this post, but I normally don't do this sort of thing, putting some goofy, off the wall info into a totally u nrelated post... but, heck,, it turned autumn yesterday, and the leaves are making funny noises in the wind, and it is getting cold out there and I am starting to feel creepy. Of course, that's no excuse....

But this is really for...

MR. DARK

It's about a new movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson, and others. It's just that Downey plays a detective, that people call...

MR DARK !

So, check out the movie trailer, if you have the right software downloaded...
http://www.paramountclassics.com/singingdetective/trailer.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like it will work, but it is taking forever to download. So I'll try it again later.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, the trailer looks intriguing! It's good to see that Robert Downey Jr. is back
on the silver screen. Mel Gibson was almost unrecognizable. Thanks for the link.
P.S. We downloaded the color ad for the
Librarian action figure at work in the Library, and it is stuck to the break room door. There has been one order for one placed currently, and I think we are going to buy a copy of "BOOK LUST" for the general collection!? SHHHHHHHHHHHuuuuuSSHhhhh.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was at powells last time I was there. When I saw this I cracked up

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you from Portland? Seen anything, um...unusual?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I'm from Portland, what would constitue unusual? When I first moved here I thought some of the locals were a little weird, but a decade later, it's quite normal. Amazing now that when I go back to where I grew up and consider home seems different.

posted Hide Post
Well, this for starters:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=ZNXU6.84179%24Be4.27388014%40news3.rdc1.on.home.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522black-eyed%2Bkids%2522%2BPortland%26hl %3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3DZNXU6.84179%2524Be4.27388014%2540news3.rdc1.on.home.com%26rnum%3D1

posted Hide Post
Please...A story like this can and probably has happened at other cities too. Although it wouldn't suprise me to see some kids walking around dowtown w/ those eyes.

posted Hide Post
You are right, Portland was not the first! See the first story in the thread.

posted Hide Post
Concerning Mel Gibson's arrest:

The action of this figure may be perplexing to many. But the media is certainly going to have one heck of a ride over this.
I can almost imagine Ray Bradbury, in a pensive moment, shaking his head over this one.

Gibson's new movie:
http://www.apocalypto.com

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion: The Librarian Action Figure thing has been around for a while, and was featured in a Seattle Times news article. I think she is retired now. (The REAL librarian, not the action figure. LOL) She's harmless. And the doll is kind of cute.

While I have you here...consider having your opinions/answers/voice heard in a VERY nice book coming out in a few months. Just fill out the text box and you are IN the book in paperback and hardback...

A Thousand Voices - A Testament on Global Warming

Full details available at the link. It's easy.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any comments out there on the Mel Gibson arrest?

posted Hide Post
I'll key in on this. The reason of course we are discussing Gibson is his past relationship with Bradbury. Gibson has had previous battles with the bottle. When one is drunk (supposing he was at the time of the arrest) often one blurts off the mouth like a goof. What transpired right before all this is not known. Perhaps there was some heated argument with one or two others. Nonetheless, it could turn out very ugly in the media. If he is loved much in the industry and audience, it may not go bad.

Sad he left the new Fahrenheit 451 project. It likely would have been a blast to see it in the theaters.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post