Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Quote for All Sharing Personal Wishes/Recollections

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote for All Sharing Personal Wishes/Recollections
 Login/Join

posted
For those who met him, but wish it could have been longer or more often, and for those who didn't but wish they had, from Ray's own Dandelion Wine:

How do I thank Mr. Jonas, he wondered, for what he's done? How do I thank him, how pay him back? No way, no way at all. You just can't pay. What then? What? Pass it on somehow, he thought, pass it on to someone else. Keep the chain moving. Look around, find someone, and pass it on. That was the only way....

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Bows*

No excerpt could have been better. Brilliant.

Posts: 10 | Location: Pasadena, CA | Registered: 09 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many amazing people and beautiful spirits. I am . . . just . . . well of course! And it will never end. His spirit will live forever.

Posts: 6 | Location: Aliso Viejo, CA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon:
*Bows*

No excerpt could have been better. Brilliant.

Thanks, but it was by no means accidental. For some time I'd felt "time running out" (to make a brilliant impression on the world while Ray was still here to witness it) and he thoughtfully provided this--written before I was born, of course! It gives me incentive to keep trying though my first goal was to have something in hand to present to him.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. If you have an hour this interview pretty much sums up Ray's life and career and dedication to the art of love and the love of art.

http://wakinguniverse.com/2012...ve-of-bradbury-wine/

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post