Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    I remember you. I remember you.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I remember you. I remember you.
 Login/Join

posted
OK, not really inspired by Ray, but not a million miles from the concept of his poem "Remembrance": various celebs write letters to their 16-year-old selves:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2...een-year-old-me.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this poem. I was so fascinated by it when I read it in one of my mother's magazines back in the early to mid 70's. I cut it out and hid it to see if I too would remember. Believe it or not, I did not find it again until cleaning up a bookcase and it is was in one of my books. I was about 14 or 15 when I hid it and I found it at 48. Over 15 moves and 4 different states. Fascinating.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent story, countrykitty58!

Somewhere we have a "introduce yourself" thread. Why not post to it and tell us more about yourself?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post