Ray Bradbury Forums
A new poem for Ray's Birthday today... 22nd Aug 2012

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/8577016816

21 August 2012, 05:00 PM
dave/l'pool artist
A new poem for Ray's Birthday today... 22nd Aug 2012
Hi everyone,
it's been a while since my last postings, but like everyone else on the forums I'm feeling sad and down, it's a sad time for us all, and in these past weeks,months since we lost Ray, life is different and difficult as we've lost a special person a light to us all in many different ways,
To me. Ray was like a part of a older way of life: that had old fashion values,passions,dreams,
in books, comics,films,in childhood memories, of story telling,and adventures, and a way of life I wish was still around, eventhough I was born in the 1960's I still have great memories of these innocent times and though the world wasn't great back then, it was a better place than it' has now become, and I'm glad I was able to live through those times as it makes me appreciate what great books Ray wrote and I can relate a lot to his childhood even thought it was in the USA compared to mine in the UK,
And recently as I've been getting over my long term illness and now on the mend and I'm starting to remeber the joys and pleassures I got from Ray's books again, and with that in mind I'd like to offer up a new poem which I recently wrote that hopefully shows: life go's on and we won't forget the magic that Ray still brings to us all,each and every day..
here's the poem......

“To you Ray on this your special day,
Happy birthday, live forever”...............

I’ll sing this very next song with my body, from the heart,dedicated all to the memory of you,
Though it won’t be a sad song, it will be full of joy, life and love just as you like it.
Though I been recently caught up in my own thunderstorm,
No I’m not broken, just bleeding, so excuse me if I hang around a little bit more,
but yes I guess I’ll catch you up one fine day.
But its not quite my time just yet, I feel I have one last push left, huh’
Because the passions are still high and I’ll keep climbing; you know you taught us well
I’m proud to say, “Call me one of Bradbury’s sons, god, I’m alive this day”
I’m catching up, father time; don’t pardon us not this time, we’ll run faster on and on.
Though you know I’m going to slow it all down, take my time to build my own wings to
Float on the next summer’s breeze.

And in the meantime I’ll paint you a scene from your Picasso’s beach,
or the swallows diving across my local park’s lake.
Yeah you know you’ll be in my next mixtures of paint,
all the ultra-marines, titanium’s & cadmium’s Just like all the colours of the sun.
I’ll carry on and paint this next one just to say thank you,
Thanks for all your recollections, stories and pictures you’ve given us.
Just like this poem is written on the spirit of this feeling, this breathing,
this one’s going to run and run, you’ll see.

You know they’ll come a soft rain, and tears for a while to come,
and maybe one day a time when we’ll all find out what it’s all about?
And who knows, we can all meet up in another life or universe and maybe we’ll all laugh or talk & walk
Remembering all our yesterdays just imagine we’ll see all those brand new tomorrows.
Huh, we’ll have to wait to catch you up just yet, so guess you can keep giving us all a little push in the meantime, yeah we all need to appreciate all of everything, to become the lovers of life.
So tell us all your stories once more and we’ll raise a glass or two of dandelion
“To you Ray on this your special day, Happy birthday, live forever”...............

What a line, what a lion, “I’ll catch you up, but my god I’m alive “
You know I want what’s left of the day, yeah and one day we’ll all catch you up,
Yes, there will fall a soft gentle rain, but also sun-beams and sun-rays too.
I’m looking forward to the start of another day to the shape of things to come,
And in another way to soul food, fire & ice,
My god, I’ll remember you, Ray......
Remember you as” Autumn Forever –and Yet – Forever Autumn “

after I wrote the last line a few days later as I put on the radio a tune came on by justin hayward "forever autumn " and I thought what great words and it really matches up to all the things about Ray as well, a great song and one that now means more.......

Justin Hayward (Moody Blues)
Song “Forever Autumn”

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old,
and darker days are drawing near,
the winter winds will be much colder,
now you're not here.

I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
and one by one they disappear
I wish that I was flying with them,
now you're not here

like the sun through the trees you came to love me
like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
you always loved this time of year
loose fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
cos you're not here x 3

like the sun through the trees you came to love me
like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

a gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
as if to hide a lonely tear
my life will be forever autumn

---------------------
well, good health and luck to you all, my god we're alive, be happy, be creative and be the lovers of life we all have the potential to become,,
regards to one and all;
Cheers Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dave/l'pool artist,
18 August 2013, 10:15 PM
Live Forever!
Live Forever Ray...