Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
Quite possibly the best book I have ever read. I recently ran into a retired engineer from NASA's Appolo space program. He grew up in rural Illinois, and is about the same age as Mr. Bradbury. We talked about all kinds of things. When we got to the subject of writers I mentioned Ray Bradbury. Immediatley the engineer said " Oh I don't read science fiction." It hadn't even occurred to me that he had never read any Bradbury, hadn't everyone? Furthermore, this man grew up at the same time in the same place as Ray, Himself, and yet he did not even know about Ray Bradbury's "Other" fiction writing. Why is it that so many people cannot see past Farenhiet 451, or The Martian Chronicles? Ray has been writing his entire life, the scope of his writing encompasses horror, science fiction, fiction, non fiction and fantasy.

Posts: 1 | Location: Murfreesboro. TN USA | Registered: 27 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ya think?

He's got WAY too much time on his old hands. He did nothing but read and write when he was growing up, and even graduated from a stinkin' LIBRARY!!!!!

So...ya think?

Personally, the only Ray books I've read are 451 and the Illustrated Man. But he's got HUNDREDS of different books out there.

So pick one up and read it.

--scaryneighbor

Posts: 15 | Location: milwaukee, WI, USA | Registered: 04 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those who want to join a writer's forum with a science fiction emphasis can add to a "Dandelion Wine" discussion here: http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum1/HTML/003425.html

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post