Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Rays writing

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rays writing
 Login/Join

posted
What about rays writing makes him such a good writer?

Posts: 9 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Metaphorically speaking, writing to engulf the reader in images that he can taste, smell, and marvel at with wonder. He never met-a-phore he didn't like.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
indian03:

Finally located the 'entire passage' of a Bradbury phrase I once posted somewhere 'round this site. The complete comment goes exactly like this:

"From now on I hope always to stay alert, to educate myself the best I can. But lacking this, in the future, I will relaxedly turn back to my secret mind and see what it has observed when I thought I was sitting this one out. We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out."

=Ray Bradbury=

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well in some ways he could be considered a good writer. In which, how he hides messages and lessons of life in the text. Or he could also be considered a bad writer like a lot of people say. In which, he doesnt mean to teach us lessons it just kind of happens. Well which ever way you pick. I beleive he is a good writer because i hate reading books but this one i stayed with it and maybe the fact that it was for school.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kuzietro000

I hope you realize what YOU said... which is...

"...he doesn't mean to teach us lessons it just kind of happens."

'Kind of happens'...doesn't 'kind of happen'. That's what a gift is... what talent is. 'Kind of happens' is what happens to a few kind!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kuzietro000,
Forgive me if I offend, but the way you write indicates that you "hate reading books".
Reading helps in many ways; writing, grammar, speech, organising thoughts, processing information,logic...
It's a shame, but many youths, especially males, don't read and the results are all too apparent.

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 09-02-2004).]

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lack of reading was never something I was accused of; if anything, there are many people who think I read too much! Nothing like curling up with a good book on an icky day. It's just too bad that too many kids these days would rather watch TV or play video games.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post