Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    i was inspired...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i was inspired...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, mickey! We are happy to hear from you and to meet fellow Bradbury lovers from around the world. Let us know how you do with 451 and the dictionary. It sounds challenging!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was i inspired by Ray Bradbury? how wasn't i? when i was six i listened to the "Illustrated Man" audiotape. It blew me away. i have been struck with a love of reading ever since. Through Ray's writings, i have been able to see life through a new set of eyes, which are definitely not the ones i was born with. But, i'm sure, the biggest inspiration i recieved from Bradbury was in the the afterword of "Quicker than the Eye." it reads:

"Speed is everything. The 90-mph dash to your machine is a sure cure for life rampant and death most real.
Make haste to live.
Oh, God, yes.
Live. And write. With great haste."

i took that 90-mph dash as soon as i finished, and within hours had a story a la Bradbury ready to be devoured. Though i am still working on my own identity as a writer, i have to thank Ray for the kick in the pants that got me started.

Posts: 4 | Location: Conneaut, OH | Registered: 18 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the following was posted by me on a web site for blacksmiths......
Ray Bradbury, The man who pointed to mars and said "you not only can go there, you will go there." It was his "The Martian Chronicles"

As a bored 8 year old my grand mother handed "the Martian Chronicles" to me and told me to "get out of my kitchen". Then "R is for Rocket" "S is for Space" "the Illustrated Man" and "Dandy lion Wine" " Green Shadows, White Whale "

My six year old daughter took "the Illustrated man" in paper back to a read-in in school and the teacher took it away from her (she had been reading it at home and was half finished) because the cover was "not appropriate". The family had a staff meeting with the school the next day. What she reads today is not a problem.

Mrs Jenson, my first grade teacher tought me to read, Mr. Bradbury tought me to love reading.

At 55 years I cannot put on my spring sneakers with out rocking back and forth and feeling the gazelles.

When the both shuttles went down my first thought was "kaleidoscope".

Bradbury wants to have his ashes burried on mars in a tomato soup can. I hope my grandson can take them. Thank you Sir

Posts: 1 | Location: longmont, colorado, usa | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
micky_m:

In America we know little of Japanese science fiction literature. Translation is difficult. I know Japan has many science fiction authors and I want to know more about them and their excellent writings.

Please e-mail me at FRMN451@aol.com
We can talk

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post