Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Night Watchman

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Night Watchman
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury wrote the following in 1947, in a short story entitled "The Meadow."
"Mr. Douglas," says the night watchman, "did you ever read that story about the man who traveled to the future and found everyone there insane? Everyone. But since they were all insane they didn't kn...ow they were insane. They all acted alike and so they thought themselves normal. And since our hero was the only sane one among them, he was abnormal; therefore, he was the insane one. To them, at least."
------------------------------

As I get older and observe today's world, I feel more and more like the night watchman.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board Gradivus, hope you stay long.

I think many of us have felt like the night watchman at least once in their life.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly--

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor … and surviving.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post