Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Ray OK?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I've been a big fan of Ray's for over ten years now. I just wondered how Ray is actually doing these days? Every now and then he used to give talks, interviews, book signings and the like, but it must have been months since he did the last one.
I know he is over 90 now and has not been in perfect health for many years, but would like to know if he's actually OK right now... I know some members of this forum are lucky enough to know Ray and meet him.
Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mysterious Martian:
Hi, I've been a big fan of Ray's for over ten years now. I just wondered how Ray is actually doing these days? Every now and then he used to give talks, interviews, book signings and the like, but it must have been months since he did the last one.
I know he is over 90 now and has not been in perfect health for many years, but would like to know if he's actually OK right now... I know some members of this forum are lucky enough to know Ray and meet him.
Thank you!

He's ok. I visit about once a month and read to him (his eyesight isn't what it was!). Some here see him more often than that.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad! Thank you for posting this. Please, tell him about the post I made yesterday, the Survivor post. I have to thank him for all the times he saved my life. Don't read him the whole thing unless he has time and wants the details. Just let him know there's a 57 year old apprentice who's breathing because of him, several times over.

Thanks to him, I got my first pro acceptance letter and it was as insanely happy a moment as I'd ever thought it would be. The $100 paid for my escape from New York. Today adequate pain medication, a more solid California social safety net, a good cat and a keyboard under my hands means I've got a future. He won't hear any bad news about me. If I get shot, I'm not the one who did it. Promise.

Robert A. Sloan
Author of Raven Dance
WIP: Sabertooth
lives with his shaggy Siamese muse, Ari, who sheds Cat Hairs of Inspiration on you!

Posts: 5 | Location: United States | Registered: 07 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post