Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Visiting Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visiting Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I don't suppose the Martian Chronicles sequel idea ever came up at Ray's house?

[This message has been edited by WritingReptile (edited 06-21-2003).]

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm...no. Probably wouldn't have had the guts to bring it up had I remembered.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I understand.

Funny how overwhelming it is to meet someone like Ray. I remember my brief book-signing encounter and how I had planned to tell Ray how much he meant to me and -- event Nazis aside -- I short circuited and couldn't get two words out. In fact, the even Nazi probably saved me from looking like a gibbering idiot.

That's why I am especially grateful that you were there to personally send Ray our love, an emissary for the tongue-tied.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he was very demonstrative in his affection, and as we left I grabbed his hand and said, "We love you," which was from ALL of us!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come one, Dandelion:
Get a html page and put some of those pictures online....we can't imagine all day...it taxes the brain somehow....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, there is one picture of me with Forrest J. Ackerman and a couple outside of Ray's house--none of Ray himself or anything in the house. I guess he's really serious about having no current photographs, as all the information on him on the play program was quite current but his photograph was possibly 20 years old, or around that. When I get the CDs I can e-mail pictures which someone who knows how can post online.

posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury is such an inspiration! My 96 year old great aunt Sanora Babb Howe and Ray are friends that go back nearly 60 years now. Through her, I was able to meet Ray and his wife, Maggie. It's always a pleasure when on occasion I get to call them and hear how they are doing. My mother sent me a clip from the Sacramento paper on Ray's 83rd birthday, and hope he has 100 more. Only recently, I've been introduced to the reprints of the EC comics adaptations of his earlier works. My letters from Ray and the honor of having had pictures taken with him will always be among cherished memories.

Posts: 1 | Location: Spokane, WA USA | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post