Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I just realized that you can burn CD's out of these YOUTUBE videos. Put the YOUTUBE video on your desk top and throw in a CD in your trusty burner.

How are you doing that, Nard? I have to use a convoluted process to make a DVD from a YouTube clip (I have to use a special little bit of software to save the clip to my computer, and another special bit of software to convert it to a DVD-able format).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, I thought that a "fortnight" referred to a two week period of time. Am I correct?

As I was flying back from vacation in Iowa I had the pleasure of sitting next to a young lady from Liverpool who was on her way to Ft. Lauderdale to attend the Boat Show. The two hour flight from Atlanta went quickly as we conversed on a wide variety of topics. Interestingly she has been living in Marseilles, France and speaks fluent French in addition to her neat Englsih accent.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, a fortnight is two weeks (fourteen days).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic: (PHIL)
I have to ask my wife. She's the computer whiz kid!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic, it sounds like that's about the regular way to get it done. There may be short-cuts. And maybe there's a pro online now and then.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS has nothing to do with Bradbury! Nothing even remotely resembling anything Bradbury.

But where else to stick this, except maybe Miscellaneous, which is overloaded.

So THIS who find nothing on TV tonight. And wouldn't mind a little classic Alan Parsons Project music and an old black and white cartoonie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8TYpVv5UYw

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was just thinking that creating something in film/video from a Bradbury story may work well as a music-video vignette. Three, four minutes, that would capture intensely close to the emotional wallup of a story, say, such as "The Scythe" or "The Tombling Day", would evoke.

Then take 20 or 30 music videos like this and string them together and make a....movie!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

posted Hide Post
That gives me an idea!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Doug ...just WHAT WAS that idea of yours!?

Now that the Holiday 'dayz' are coming to a close, here's a video that maybe a few have seen, and maybe a few have not. (I think that makes sense!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/NextCinema

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Hey, Doug ...just WHAT WAS that idea of yours!

To make a musical vignette of a story.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this video has already been posted, excuse me!!!

If not, it's a younger Bradbury commenting on NIGHTLINE. Someone sent this to me. Interesting take on Rays thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys28xivPgMI

posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury asks about the mystery of why we are here? I take it he doesn't read scripture much.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post