Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YOUTUBE of Bradbury at Library
 Login/Join

posted
This was done last year, at a library north of Los Angeles area. It has a funny little must-see introduction, and then Ray talks about things likely familiar to most here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGeu8dLnUYY

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great video. The entire story of Mr. Electrico. A moving description of his meeting with the man who would influence his writing forever.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard versions of this episode or read of it many times. Yet, each time it is new and inspiring. Mr. B's passion is there for all to share. Nice!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WoW! Fantastic !Thanks for posting that.

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard the story many times, but there were details in this that I'd never heard before, such as the carousel playing "Beautiful Ohio," like in Martian Chronicles (the song, not the carousel). If I remember correctly, it's in "Mars is Heaven," which goes with his "Live Forever" saying. Interesting!! Thanks for posting it!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars is Heaven is correct ("The Third Expedition" is its chapter title in MC).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic:

PHIL:
Did you get a DVD copy of The Small Assassin yet?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet, Nard.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correction: I did now! Haven't had time to watch it yet, but it looks good on fast-forward.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
PHIL:
Great to hear you finally got the DVD copy. Contains a bunch of short films besides The Small Assassin.

There is a scene in The Small Assassin where the father and the doctor are in a heated discussion on the steps inside the house leading to the upper floor. When they say something and it gets everybody's attention, the camera takes a look at the expressions of a few people in the room. So there you'll catch me sitting next to a young blond, both of us trying to look surprised. Without stop motion on our DVDs we'd be history in less than 3 seconds in that scene. In the beginning I'm walking into the house with a bunch of others for the wake. Being shot from above, I noticed I lost a lot of hair on the very top of my head. Twas certainly a great time for 'creative combing' or ...wear a hat!
http://www.catchaway.com

posted Hide Post
Good job it was a period piece - much easier to justify wearing a hat!

I'll be watching the DVD at the weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I'll be watching the DVD at the weekend.

I like the way the British say "at the weekend".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, note the difference:
(usually)
American: WEEK-end
British: week-END

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I'll be watching the DVD at the weekend.

I like the way the British say "at the weekend".

Do you like THAT we say it, or do you like THE WAY we say it? (Don't you say it? OR is it that you don't like the way you say it?)

I could have said "I'll be watching the DVD in a fortnight". How would that be?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, I believe Doug likes THAT the British say, "at the weekend".
Yanks would say, "I'll be watching the DVD this weekend", or "I'll be watching the DVD over the weekend", or possibly, "...on the weekend."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post