Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    quotes from a great man

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

quotes from a great man
 Login/Join

posted
Just post your favorite quotes from a great man.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I don't do Windows.

posted Hide Post
Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious and anything self-conscious is lousy. You cannot try to do things. You simply must do things.

posted Hide Post
Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me.After the explosion, I spent the rest of the day putting the pieces together.

posted Hide Post
Find out what your hero or heroine wants, and when he or she wakes up in the morning, just follow him or her all day.

posted Hide Post
First you jump off the cliff and you build wings on the way down.

posted Hide Post
I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it.

posted Hide Post
I know you've heard it a thousand times before. But it's true - hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don't love something, then don't do it.
Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.
Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
When informed of the burning of books that had belonged to the independent librarians sentenced to long prison terms in Cuba's 2003 crackdown on dissent, the author of Fahrenheit 451 responded with these words:
“I stand against any library or any librarian anywhere in the world being imprisoned or punished in any way for the books they circulate. I plead with Castro and his government to immediately take their hands off the independent librarians and release all those librarians in prison and send them back into Cuban culture to inform the people.”
-- Telephone call of 4:30 p.m. EDT, 27 June 2005

Steve Marquardt
212 Sundance Pass
Brookings South Dakota 57006
steve.marquardt@sdstate.edu
judystev@brookings.net

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post