Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    I must catch up

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I must catch up
 Login/Join

posted
I find it very inspiring seeing posts from younger readers. Like the rest of you, all of this was presented to me in school, but I failed to pay any attention. If only I had chosen to turn off the television. At 26, there is so much catching up to do.

Are there any other late bloomers out there? What was it that opened your eyes?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SpaceCadet

My eyes had a glimpse, a genuine glimpse, when I was in elementary school. But it was the constant gnawing that hell fire and brimstone awaited me if I would forgo immersing myself in the captivating mystery of Bradbury. You are about the age I was when I finally truly began to cut loose the ropes and let the God -sent winds sail me across the land.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm 28 and it was just in the last few years that I've started to truly realize Bradbury's scope and impact. I must say, beyond Twilight Zone and horror flicks, the one thing that realy got me into science-fiction and the like was Isaac Asimov.

Asimov started a fire in me. From then on I've lived and breathed SF in oh so many ways. And you can't go anywhere without running into good ole Mr. Bradbury somewheres along the way.

So, I guess in a sense I, too, am a late Bradburian bloomer.

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post