Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Message from the Lonely One
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message from the Lonely One
 Login/Join

posted
I've slept quitely in these hillsides since Dandelion Wine was first published, but now I've been awoken once again to stalk the night of Greentown. You can kill my hosts, but not my evil spirit. The blood of new victims will flow down the hillside of Park Avenue, only to be washed away by the rushing black water of the ravine and time. Yours truely, The Lonely One incarnate.

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Different!

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've been awoken" should be "I've been awakened", otherwise, pretty clever.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think someone should call the police.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've awakened... I've awoken... Some call it strangling, I call it choking.

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
I think someone should call the police.

Nah, his first post read like a young would-be writer. These later ones read like those of an attention-starved adolescent - not the first to choose this board for a stage, as it were.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling is just another self rightous pompus ass like the kind you find in chat rooms. I only write, not judge. Get a life Braling.I'm sorry I ever stepped into this puddle of prudisum. Remove me from posts and membership, I don't want to belong to any group that attacks and judges anyone on a whim. They have a word for people like you Braling... Nazi.

posted Hide Post
The Mixed Signals guy who makes comments like that is dangerous. Mostly to himself. But can be to others as well. He just doesn't know it. And obviously no one is going to tell him differently. They're way out there above the stratosphere, looking down.

Sorry, Braling II, ol' chap. Hope you arn't taken too far aback by the rhetoric.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a rather predictible and typical fashion, MixedSignals opposes judgement as being wrong and petty, and immediately (based on one posting on a web site) calls Braling an a--! How can we say "hypocrital"?

The writing is definitely interesting, but may not be suited to the audience and intent of this group. No problem. MixedSignals will find his own "place" and be relatively happy there.

If he has a right to express his opinions, then so do others who disagree with him. I love these posters who are all for free speech as long as they're talking about their free speech.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt seriously if Mr. Bradbury would approve of your piling up on a fellow fan. I think you're all pathetic and would be very grateful if you just left well enough alone now and went on about your business of knowing everything and judging everybody. Remember, you started it buy saying some very unkind things about me for only trying to "get you attention" with my writing. I meant no harm. Now leave me alone, and get a life... All of you.

posted Hide Post
Something else to consider, is the fact that I could post some one thousand something replies and become a real pain in the butt here. I don't want it to come to that, so just let it rest. Let not another ill word against me be spoken here, and I will consider it a truce.

posted Hide Post
I didn't see my comment as "piling on" but I'll be happy to ignore your posts if you insist on overreacting.

This is the comment I was reacting to -- your comment was this: "Braling is just another self rightous pompus ass..." I didn't see anything like that posted toward you. I certainly didn't say anything like that.

AS I stated, I found your short writing sample to be interesting.

If you did begin to assault the board with multiple posts and name-calling, then none of us would be jumping to conclusions if we were to characterize those actions as childish and peevish. Comments to that effect, in the instance you "threaten" above, would merely be phenomenological observations of your actions.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 02-12-2005).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MixedSignals:46:

So...now what is this?

You're going to throw a tantrum if we don't cooperate?

Mr. Dark can try to rationalize with you. But I think you are here specifically to see what you can get away with. No other reason for being here, is there?

[This message has been edited by libRArY (edited 02-17-2005).]

posted Hide Post
MixedSignals46... Are you taking your medicine like the doctor told you too? You might want to visit <prozac.com> and find your audience. I agree that you're very brutal in your style of writing. Try writing about flowers, big fluffy clouds or maybe even life in the state mental institution? All make for good reading. Maybe you could even get a flower, ride on a big fluffy cloud, while you drink your liquid prozac in the state mental institution? Owch! My brain is shorting out now. (Snap-crackle-pop!)BrainSparks

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. is that (...) the pills you've dropped?... ... ... . .. . ...

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post