Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Official Site is Online!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Official Site is Online!
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings to all. I've been away for a while, and I've been keeping busy directing my first feature length motion picture, which I also wrote. It's a long way from finished, but I figured I'd get the word going. I've finally gotten everything running on the website. There are
a couple of things missing, and I plan to add a lot more stuff,
updating it periodically, but for now, take a look:
www.deadlinemovie.com
Enjoy!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool, groon. My only comment would be that for me (and I'm older, so factor that in) reading the red text against the black background was kind of hard. But this looks very cool. Do you have a time frame for completion?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon--I could not get the trailer to work (probably me), but I read and enjoyed the story synopsis. This is very exciting!! Best of luck to you in this endeavor.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool indeed. Go forth and kick butt!

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper,
I seem to be running into this problem. Computers and the internet seem to be not standardized, so what works on one computer won't necessarily work on another. I'll try to put up a few different file types as I learn more about how making websites work. This is really my first attempt. I'll let you know when I make some major changes.

Mr. Dark,
I originally planned to finish by this Fall, but setbacks are abundant, so now it looks like maybe next Spring?

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trailer worked on my system. Very cool. I notice I wasn't asked to be the troubled male lead, though. Didn't think I could pull an audience?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon, this looks very cool. I like the story, and the effects and cinematography seem to be pretty good. Good luck with completing it.
A couple years ago, I played a small role as a ninja stunt double for the main character of a indie film from some guys that went to film school in Chicago. They had much of the film done and ran out of money for a while, so apparently they're still working on it. I know it's been a long process for them, and hopefully a rewarding one, but I'm still just waiting to see the thing, and it's taking forever! Again, good luck.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post