Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fahrenheit 451 - the movie
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 - the movie
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
The Internet Movie Database lists Hanks as "rumored." I would watch a film of this with him. If it was Tom Cruise...FORGET IT!

Could be worse... John Travolta...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adrian Brody is still my Montag. Molly Shannon or Julia Mildred Dreyfuss might make good drug-addled wives. But, Brody... definately.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good actor, don't care for his nose.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nose adds character, it's distinguishing characteristic. At least, I bet that's what his mother always told him.Smiler And there's a certain sense of vulnerability or hurt in his eyes, which would serve in translating Montag's disillusionment. There's also an aura of quiet determination surrounding Adrian Brody. I just think he's the perfect Montag. Jim Caviezel (PASSION OF THE CHRIST, FREQUENCY) has many of the same characteristics, minus the nose, plus a sense of barely concealed, seething, combustible anger. He might be a good Montag.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, Adrian Brody has a nose like the nose he has because he has broken it at least 3 times, and nearly killed himself in a motorcycle accident in the early 1990's. Probably broke his nose there again as well.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for telling me, he wasn't born that way, but you're right, I bet his mommy loves him just the way he is! Smiler

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband and I just watched the movie for the first time and were so completely inspired by Mr. Bradbury. On the "Special Features" section there was an interview he gave in which he spoke about his philosophy of having fun with life and just doing what he likes to do, including the story of how he wrote Farenheit 451. What a great attitude and genuine inspiration to nurture creativity, imagination, and fun!

Posts: 1 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is in a previous post, so here you go:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:q5Ib57waxcYJ:www.m...&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by athena:
My husband and I just watched the movie for the first time and were so completely inspired by Mr. Bradbury. On the "Special Features" section there was an interview he gave in which he spoke about his philosophy of having fun with life and just doing what he likes to do, including the story of how he wrote Farenheit 451. What a great attitude and genuine inspiration to nurture creativity, imagination, and fun!

Hello Athena, noticed that you are from Santa Monica. I was born and raised there, attended both Samohi and SMCC as it was known in those days, then UCLA. How's good old Santa Monica these days? I grew up playing in Lincoln Park.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
quote:
Originally posted by athena:

Hello Athena, noticed that you are from Santa Monica. I was born and raised there, attended both Samohi and SMCC as it was known in those days, then UCLA. How's good old Santa Monica these days? I grew up playing in Lincoln Park.

And my little one is the swim teacher for the little kids at SMC's pool plus a lifeguard there.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Athena, to a new member with great taste!