Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Farenheit 451�

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farenheit 451�
 Login/Join

posted
I just finished reading this book. I had read it about 3 times before. Every single time I read this book, it jumps out to me... as if I'm seeing a picture. Is it just me, or does his writing have a familiarity? But then again... a newness? Reading it through again, I have caught a lot of small details that I had missed before. Perhaps it's because I'm older and I understand the concept a little better. It could be that it's because I'm seeing it in a different perspective now. Maybe I just accidentally missed some points... but whatever the case being, Ray Bradbury is an excellent writer...

K�tt�e ����

Posts: 4 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you. Farenheit 451 is one of the books that definitely changed my life. I never knew who Ray Bradbury was until I watched the movie of F 451. I knew I had to read the book as I was watching the movie. I hardly noriced those isty bitsy little clues, or foreshadowings in the movie. But I never was able to explore and think of any of them by watching the movie. Reading the book made a huge impact in the whole story and the way I thought about it. I've just read it once, but I am sure that I have missed tons of other points.

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know anyone out there with an asbestos edition of " F-451" I only saw one, way back in about 1971 or '72 in Berkeley, California...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite books in the world. I discovered it by accident, as i have all great classics- with no help from the school system. And I thought I had discovered some secret treasure buried between paperback books about girls growing up and boys playing sports. But no, it turns out, a good portion of the world is already aquainted with Mr. Bradbury's genuis.
I have read all the parts involving Clarisse McClellan over and over and over again.. when I tell people about myself, I tell them about her and say that that is what I am.. my mission is to change people, to open their eyes, to show them how to truely love and experience life and be true to yourself.

--- I wanted to know if anyone could give me Ray Bradbury's home address, PO box, or the like so that I could write him a letter. I dont think he spends much time on any computer, and I would prefer to paint something and mail it anyway. If anyone can help me out please email me at hardcoreagape@laundromatic.net. Thanks and God Bless.
www.artgrrl.net/bunny
haley

Posts: 1 | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the best book ever written. i wanted to read fahrenheit 451 for a long time and i finaly bought the book. i'm sooooooo happy!!
ray's writting has influenced me as a person and as a writer.

Posts: 3 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 03 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F 451 was the first book I'd bought on my own (as opposed to having to buy for, say, school), to read for pleasure. I was a young teenager then, and even now, xx years later, I still remember the chill when reading about that damned robot dog. I recently re-read the novel, and was once again overcome by the lyrical prose in this novel. This is Bradbury to the nth degree.

Posts: 1 | Location: Princeton MA | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Farenheit is a very powerful book. I make a point of reading it on a regular basis. When my kids were little I read it to them instead of the The Three Bears et al. Recently I hood winked my son who would rather be dipped in honey and staked to an ant hill than read a book. Into reading it. I gave him a copy of the old video game. When he became stumped he asked for the book. Of course I never told him the book and the game are only the same in name.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a Farenheit 451 video game? May I ask what system/console its for? I'd love to play it!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talion::::

I did several large data base searches for the game, F451, and found nothing. If there is something out there, it obviously isn't easy ro find. 'You' may have to devise one....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know anything about a F451 video game, but there WAS a computer game of it back in the mid-80s. It was also available in DOS/PC format, I think, but I played it (years later) on an Apple IIc. It wasn't much of a game, and Nessmuk is right; it seemed completely unrelated to the novel. Baffled me. The only worthwhile reason to track it down is the introduction Bradbury wrote (about a page long) that was printed inside the original folding box. But that wasn't exactly a compelling piece of writing, itself--just a thing for RB completists or real gaming fanatics.

Bill

Posts: 16 | Registered: 20 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently reading this book in my humanities class at school, and I love it! At first I didn't understand it at all, and I hated it and thought it was extremely boring. But now, I am reading each passage over and over again, and annotating meanings in the margins. I find that this book has inspired me to be a better person, to be aware of the world and gov tools, and this has inspired me to write! If anyone would like to discuss the book's contents, please post and say so! I would love to discuss Fahrenheit 451 with someone! Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F451 had the exact same impact on me when I read it in 9th grade! Exact. It opened new worlds of ideas to me and I ended up becoming a pretty zealous reader, interested in all kinds of subjects (well, not math, so much . . .) I went from F451 to his other books, to other sci fi and fantasy writers to religion, philosophy, literature, etc. This book opened the world of ideas to me and it literally transformed my life.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
really great book. I read it in 10th grade, could not put it down. The others in my class thought that it was really boring but they didn't look for the little stuff in it. I was facinated by the fact that the names of the characters were actually paper and pencil companies. RB stated that in the coda, and he didn't even do it on purpose.

And my favorite quote from it is:
"And on either side of the river was there a tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; And the leaves of the tree were for the healling of the nations." I was just so inspired by that quote, it's created this wonderful imagry in my mind.

"And on either side of the river was there a tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; And the leaves of the tree were for the healling of the nations."

Posts: 6 | Location: Rexburg, Id, USA | Registered: 18 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may be what Talion was asking about F451 game: Trillum PC graphic adventure game. The story on a Commodore C64 computer. (Remember these?) Graphics on wrap arounds , booklet with 2 discs. Old stuff!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post