Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Folks who are inspired by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folks who are inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug, I love your 'Parents' link. Sharing Ray's work with the next generations is, indeed, "Love Forever!"

Posts: 4 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One lives forever by loving forever!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JKT: A very gracious Alexandra message received. Thank you for your efforts!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
British novelist and short story writer Christopher Fowler is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Singer-songwriter Frankie Rose is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chocolat novelist Joanne Harris is inspired by Ray: a tribute on his passing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18345685

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury ain't dead.
Ray Bradbury was -- and is -- the most influential writer in my life. He is tagged as a science fiction author but that hardly touches on his wide range of vision. He is, foremost, a poet, a painter of words, who can make you nostalgic for a boyhood you never lived, feel the madness of the constant rain on a never-was Venus, mourn the passing of the last inhabitants of Mars.
I write of him in the present tense because even in his writing he denied Death. To one old woman from his boundless tales it was an inconvenience only, and I have felt the same way since the ketoacidosis tried for my life a decade ago.
I show him pictured with one of his oldest friends, another Ray, special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen. Both have made magic over the decades, and I feel more a sense of loss for Mr. Harryhausen than I do for myself.
Because I do not consider Mr. Bradbury gone. I have but to read a single sentence of any of his peerless -- literally peerless! tales, and his coat-of-many-colors universe returns, whole, breathless, and full of that elusive sense of wonder many try for, but he inhabited as if tailored from the whole cloth of his imagination.
Ray Bradbury is not dead. His is a tide of prose only briefly ebbed, always to return, always to enchant.
We are the Martians, it is our Rocket Summer anew, and we can never die.
Didn't he say so?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the last video footage of Ray talking about life and my blog on how he inspired me. From this blog post if you go to the Waking Universe main page you'll see the in depth story of how Ray came to my library when I was eight, set my imagination ablaze and gave me the courage to become a filmmaker that has made two films in the sci fi fantasy genre and runs a non profit dedicated to helping people use their imagination. Link below.

http://wakinguniverse.com/2012...ve-of-bradbury-wine/

Posts: 13 | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Gaiman (who we already knew was inspired by Ray) writes a tribute in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/book...reciation?intcmp=239

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Writer Ed Addeo is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Unlikely as it may seem, author of erotica (including a short story called "Tattoo Witch", inspired by THE ILLUSTRATED MAN) Kathy Kulig is inspired by Ray!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Probably already mentioned but frank black from the pixies was influenced by ray, which was very cool to find out! As referenced in introduction of Sam Wellers interviews with ray "listen to the echoes". The visceral, oddball pixies lyrics and music definitely tend to the darker more poignant side of things.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 15 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Author R.L. Stine is inspired by Ray:

http://www.mediabistro.com/gal...-ray-bradbury_b64051

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Horror author Peter A. Balaskas is inspired by Ray:

http://stolenboy.com/2008/10/0...with-peter-balaskas/

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Novelist Jacquelyn Mitchard is inspired by Ray.

- Phil