Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Folks who are inspired by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folks who are inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Writer Douglas Smith is in awe of Ray!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poet Richard Vargas is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The international (but predominantly Spanish) academic literary journal 452F is inspired by Ray!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Whilst putting my feet up after a gig and relaxing with a drink, a pipe and a crossword, I solved a Crostic resulting in a Bradbury quote, much to my delight! To wit:+

"Sometimes you see a kite so high, so wise it almost knows the wind. It travels, then chooses to land in one spot and no other and no matter how hard you yank, run this way or that, it will simply break its cord, seek its resting place and bring you[, blood-mouthed,] running."

From SWTWC

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Writer E.E. King is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Writer E.E. King is inspired by Ray.

Yes, she is. And an old friend, as well. I met her at a Bradbury event last year.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and just three letters away from this fellow!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
...with such great artists, the Thrill is "Never" Gone!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the privilege of hearing him (and Lucille) live twice; once in the '70's and once in the '90's!

How's retirement suitin' ya, Butch?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Sundance, caught Mr. B.B. twice myself...once several years back with the scruffs, now 17yrs. and other about to be 15. Amazing!

Things are going well, Pard! I thought I recognized your horse ambling around a few days ago! Doing some SF and RB lit. courses occasionally at nearby college (adult community courses) and lots of m.a. training programs for youth and adults. No slowing down on this front. Best part, no nightly essays to correct...

Sounds like your musical endeavors are as interesting and frequent as ever. Glad to hear from you whenever paths cross. If time allows, somehow send me a note in the real world. I'd like to forward some RB and musical stuff to you from time to time. I just listened to a cd you sent quite a while back, but lost track of the address somewhere out on the trail! Keep being well.
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Writer and performer Emily Frankel is sparked by Ray Bradbury:
http://emtalkery.blogspot.com/...radbury-sparker.html

Nice lady!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Nice lady!

You sound like Jerry Lewis.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadow Show contributor Lee Martin is inspired by Ray, as proven by this insightful discussion into Bradbury's "I See You Never", which triggered his own response story "Cat on a Bad Couch".

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...which triggered his own response story "Cat on a Bad Couch".

That's some bad couch, cat.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Writer and poet Bob Jacobs is inspired by Ray. He says he had help and guidance from Ray in composing his new book, and will be publishing some correspondence between the two in another, non-fiction, work:

https://calcoastnews.com/2013/...its-literary-corner/

- Phil