Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Folks who are inspired by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folks who are inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Acclaimed film director Guillermo del Toro is inspired by Ray Bradbury. Upon learning of Ray's death in 2012, he wrote: “I feel lonelier. The world is vast and barren: Bradbury was one of the titans of fantastic fiction and a unique voice in American literature. The lyricism of his prose influenced many generations across the globe. A humanist before anything else, Bradbury nurtured my youthful hopes, my flights of fancy. His soul was gentle but his imagination was fierce.”

Posts: 2460 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The late and brilliant writer Octavia Butler was inspired by Ray Bradbury:

https://theportalist.com/books...ped-octavia-e-butler

posted Hide Post
The fine writer Connie Willis is inspired by Ray Bradbury. The dedication of her latest novel, THE ROAD TO ROSWELL, reads in part, "To Eleanor Cameron, Robert A. Heinlein, Ray Bradbury, John Wyndham, Damon Knight, and all the other science fiction authors who first sparked my interest in aliens."

posted Hide Post
Acclaimed writer Kelly Link was influenced by Ray Bradbury. The following is an excerpt from an interview with Ms. Link that recently appeared in Locus Magazine:

“For me, there wasn’t a turning point short story that made me love the form – it was more a deluge of short stories. Libraries had anthologies of science fiction and fantasy, Golden Age and New Wave collections, single author collections, M.R. James, Joan Aiken, John Col­lier, Ray Bradbury. I just always really liked short stories. I like novels, too, but I was drawn to short stories...."