Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Bradbury in Chicago
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury in Chicago
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Reading BrainSparks story reminded me of a visit Ray made to the Waukegan Public Library in 1996 to open his tour for his collection, QUICKER THAN THE EYE. The Library was selling copies of the book, as well as sweatshirt showing a picture of the Library, with the statement "Ray Bradbury's Library" on it. I bought both the book and a sweatshirt. When I got to the front of the line, Ray signed my book. Then, a Library employee who was helping asked, "Do you want Mr. Bradbury to sign your sweatshirt?" I replied, "No, because if Mr. Bradbury signed my sweatshirt, I'd never be able to wash it", which got a great deal of laughter all around. Welcome to the Board, BrainSparks!

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-15-2005).]

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sweat shirt was in a Zion Illinois Salvation Army. It had a picture of the old Waukegan, Illnois library on it that had been renamed The Bay Bradbury Library. I was not pulling your leg. It really happened. It was a gray sweatshirt with a black screen print of the half round building, with the header "Restoration project, support the arts" Ray Bradbury Honorary Library. It was dated 1996.

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how that posted twice. Sorry. As for Mr. Bradbury's health, I'm sorry to hear he is ill. I wish him all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. I would rather he got well, more than have his autograph.
Hang in there Ray, alot of people still need you in this world, to show us the way to tomorrow. God bless you and yours.

*#*#*#*#*
BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! It posted three times! Oopsies. Yes Richard, that was exactly it. Thanks for testifying to this fact, thus showing my sincerity, and thanks for the warm welcome. I feel so lucky having found all you wonderful people. Your postings fill my heart with joy. I think Ray would be proud of the facets of humanity that dwell here.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*
BrainSparks

posted Hide Post
Not to be repeating myself as I mentioned this on another thread but I spoke with Ray last Friday asking him about the questioned release of his movie Sound of Thunder. He replied that it will be out in April. He also stated that he was working on a novel that he had started 50 years ago.

He sounded great and very strong. Also, the postings about his getting out and about in the LA area to signings and even a college lecture is heartening. Let is all hope for his continued good health and success.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post