Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A grand a day thanks to Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A grand a day thanks to Ray
 Login/Join

posted
A long time ago -- 40 years maybe, or 50 -- a young scribe wrote to Ray Bradbury to thank him for Ray's influence in the budding writer's life. The two had never met.

Ray told the young writer he could not repay him, that the way to thank him was to help some other young writer learning her craft. I am a recipient of that gift, and pass it on when I have the chance as another flame from Ray Bradbury's torch.

About that thousand words a day he encourages --I'm doing it, not just for my mentor and his, but for me -- words on paper, my fingers running across the keyboard as if they were wearing a pair of brand new sneakers!

Thank YOU, Ray Bradbury!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I knew Ray used the concept of "Pay it Forward" in Dandelion Wine but had no idea Heinlein popularized the term or that the concept was so old!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post