Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray Inspired a dumb kid (me) to be a writer

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Inspired a dumb kid (me) to be a writer
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury is awesome. When I was 12, I lived around the block from him and used to watch him take taxis around the neighborhood. I read all of his books at least twice. I, too, wanted to be a writer
and slipped a sci-fi story I'd written into his mailbox. A week later I received a wonderful letter back, with a kind and inspirational critique. I was so excited I framed it, and put it on my wall.
Today I'm 42 and have been making a living as a screenwriter with my husband/partner of fifteen years. I just found Ray's letter the other day and was so touched. Not many people as successful and busy would have taken the time to write to a 12 year old hack. So if you happen to read this, Ray -- thank you and I love you!!!! Your old neighbor, Tippi

Posts: 1 | Location: Santa Monica, Ca, USA | Registered: 16 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tippi:

If Ray doesn't read this, can you still slip another, this time 'Thank You' note, in his mailbox again?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post