Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Uncle Einar

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncle Einar
 Login/Join

posted
I just read Uncle Einar this morning. Holy wow! Bradbury writes just like I dream. Maybe it's he who is the author of the movies inside my head when I sleep each night. Ya think?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 03 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Bear: You've definitely got it -"Bradbury Fever!" The only known remedy is to keep reading!!

For interesting perspectives to how those on the edge of dreams and waking realities pour forth, read Zen and the Art of Writing. Also, any essays offered in different introductions for (so many) editions of his published works can be enlightening.

For some real overload, The Stories of Ray Bradbury (100 s.s. collection), brand new Illustrated Life (biography), and you can view a nice video with his personal commentaries in RB: An American Icon!

And this is just a slight scatching of the surface. My favorite short collections - Golden Apples of the Sun, Illustrated Man, and must novels Something Wicked This Way Comes followed by the ALWAYS powerful Fahrenheit 451....

Welcome aboard!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GreenBear, when you have caught your breath find A medicine for Melancholy, S is for Space, and R is for Rocket. Then depart to some old Detective fun, with Death is a Lonely Business it is a change of pace that may surprise you. Have at it.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post