Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Lisle Library Surprise

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lisle Library Surprise
 Login/Join

posted
Hi to all:

Very short notice, but for those in the Chicagoland area, I will be appearing at the Lisle Public Library tonight at 7 pm to talk about working as Ray's biographer. By the way, the pub date for my book is April 2005, although I am told it may be in stores in March.

If you can swing by tonight, I'd love to see any fellow Bradbury diehards. And for those who have seen me lecture before, you know I always try to include a surprise. A hint regarding tonight's surprise...it's going to be a conference call to a certain 84-year-old author!

Cheers,

Sam Weller

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm there in spirit.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I could be there. Hope it all goes well.

By the way, Sam: I'm on the City of McKinney (North Texas) Library advisory board. You up for coming here and lecturing on Bradbury? We're volunteers, so no money, but I'd love to hear you speak and have you over for a nice Spaghetti dinner! Maybe we could drag Pete down from Oklahoma!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-09-2004).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great event. Sam Weller must be an interesting guy, having the same name as one of my favourite Dickens characters (in "Pickwick Papers").

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In our Library Board meeting tonight, I brought up the Possibility that you (Sam) might be able to come speak in the April/May timeframe. There was very good response and they hope we can pull it off.

The library here is showing the movie F451 as part of their "Banned Books Week" commemoration.

I'm also going to have the library order (if they haven't, yet)

"Cat's Pajamas", by Ray Bradbury

"Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction" by Toupounce/Eller

"Conversations With Ray Bradbury" Ed by Steven Aggelis

"Ray Bradbury: An Illustrated Life" by Jerry Weist

"Ray Harryhausen: An Animated Life" by Ray Harryhausen and Tony Dalton (intro by Ray Bradbury).

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post