Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    An unrighteous theft
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An unrighteous theft
 Login/Join

posted
Here is an email i just sent The Man, R. Bradbury:

Dear Mr Bradbury,

As an admirer of your anti-totalitarian masterpiece Fahrenheit 451, I was shocked and disheartened when it was announced Michael Moore's new film of lies would have not only a title, but an explanatory subtitle making references to your masterpiece. I thought to myself How could a genius and independent thinker like Bradbury allow a propaganda film-maker like Moore to use his title? I now now that Moore did not even ask permission from you to use the title! This fact upset me and angered me and provoked me to write a letter to you explaining my condolences for a theft you have been on the victim's end of. Now that you have condemned Moore for the unrighteous theft, YOU have received criticisms and this fact bothers me more than the theft itself.

Please continue to produce the brilliant novels which are so imaginative and original!

Sincerely,
Jesse Unger
La Jolla High School

P.S. Good luck working with Mel Gibson on a new theatrical version of Fahrenheit 451

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So does this mean the email contact address is fixed? Indicating that someone actually read and reacted to my message? Sure is news to me if so.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What email? Ray, as far as I know, does not own a computer and therefore does not have an email address.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ray bradbury's email RayBradbury@harpercollins.com

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All,

Um, I've always thought that e-mail address given my Harper Collins was more wishful thinking than an actual account. Haven't Dandelion and Nard and Mr. Dark confirmed many times over that Bradbury doesn't "do" e-mail?

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i guess so... wishful thinking

posted Hide Post
Goodness only knows who gets the messages or what happens to them once sent, but there IS an address, which IS apparently working again.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that you emailed Ray directly, instead of telling us that you emailed him. Since you did indeed email him directly, why then is it necessary for you to tell us what you already told him? It's not really any of our business, and we respect his and your privacy. Why would anyone want to read someone else's email?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The right response again, groon.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think airjesse123, being new to the board, is showing that she/he is friend rather than foe by sharing that e-mail with us. There have been so many nasties popping in lately, when someone new comes on board, I for one feel defensive until I see what they have to say. I'm sure I will get over this with time. Welcome, airjesse123, and please forgive my paranoia!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the welcome, I really do love Ray, he is a great writer and independent MIND!!!

-jesse

posted Hide Post
Again some see it necessary to attack and criticize!

airjesse123 arrived at this board and stated a few views that indicate there is some real thinking going on - and from a HS student in America! How about that, Mr. Dark? Hope shines eternal!

Not knowing the format of the forum, airjesse123's comments are honest interpretations of how things seem to be, and well thought out I might add. And these ideas all inspired by Mr. Bradbury writings (on which the topics of this site so dearly need to remain focused). But, alas...

I say, keep it up Jesse! Good ideas and principles "shine through" in your posts!

Isn't this how most of us here feel?
aj123: "Please continue to produce the brilliant novels which are so imaginative and original!"

(MM original!? Rather, he is a gleaner of sound and film bytes.)

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im so happy to find someone who agrees with me about his whole micheal moore deal airjesse123. this whole board is full of people who suck in everything he says as truth. when in reality its as far from the truth as u can get. and i am also i highschool student jesse. its good to see that people like myself still are out there.

ps i just bought my new micheal moore is fat t-shirt from www.glennbeck.com i suggest everyone picks one up because well he is fat. and a liar. nothing more.

Posts: 38 | Location: kenova WV USA | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then why doesn't it say "Michael Moore is a big fat liar"?

posted Hide Post
"Why would anyone want to read someone else's email?"

Airjesse,
I said this because, indeed, I had not read your email. I skipped over it due to a recent overwhelming influx of anti-Bradbury hate postings in which quite a few "I wrote this nasty email to Ray" letters were posted, most of which tended to chastise Ray as a stupid old fool. I did not read your message because I assumed that it would just be more of the same. I therefore responded unfairly, and would like to apologize for my hasty assumptions, as I have just now read your email, and know that you did not come here to cause trouble, but to share your love of reading.
On a lighter note, welcome aboard, and please visit the "Who are YOU?" thread under the Resources dept. to tell us how you came about your screen name!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post