Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    An unrighteous theft
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An unrighteous theft
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thormachine,
I am not with you. If you listen to Bush beyond the times when he is portrayed by the media for his stumbling, you will see he speaks well. The media is not going to show when Bush makes a brilliant statement, no, they are going to zoom in on his shortcomings which happen to be few far and in-between.

-Jesse

[This message has been edited by airjesse123 (edited 07-24-2004).]

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so far and in-between. Here are some well-documented sites with his quotes.

This is a good one:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

This one isn't bad as well:
http://supak.com/bush.htm

I think this should suffice.

Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator,
Only making my point,
They (the leftist media see [URL=http://www.mediaresearch.org/SpecialReports/2004/sum/sum063004.asp)]http://www.mediaresearch.org/SpecialReports/2004/sum/sum063004.asp)[/URL] focus in on the stumblings and don't take a second look at anything profound. Why do you give into that garbage? Why do you settle for being misinformed? Read MISUNDERESTIMATED by Bill Samon and see why Bush is a brilliant speaker when he speaks from the heart. Of course, you won't read it because you are content with being misinformed and eating whatever the media garbageman throw your way. The Bushisms site lists about 50 Bushisms, do you want to know how many speeches Bush have given, try a couple thousand. It is sooo easy to pick on a popular figure that is an easy target because he is always in the limelight. Show me a man in the limelight, and I'll show you his shortcomings, we can start with this guy http://slate.msn.com/id/2100720/

-Jesse

Posts: 47 | Location: la jolla, ca USA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Media picks up bush's faux pases because people don't praise expected things. Bush is expected to talk like a human, not an orangutan. If he doesn't deliver, he gets busted, rightly, for it. It's like peeing in the toilet. If bush pees in the toilet nobody would care. But if he goes upstairs and pees from the second window of the right wing in the white house, and at passerbys at that, it will be noticed.
Sorry, not 50, but at least 200. That's 200 retared things Bush said.
I heard Bush speak. I've no clue where this Samon character gets his data from, but not from the televised Bush. Maybe he snuk into Bush's sleep chamber and recorded some pillow talk.
I can't seem to find the book anywhere. Point me where I can get info on it.
Your point that I'm misinformed is interesting. Show me 10 well construed and well-delivered bush speeches. I dare you.
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of agree with Translator on this one; personally, I think Bush is a moron and only re-affirms my opinion every time he opens his mouth. I do respect the office of the president, I just don't always respect the person holding that position. (Give me back the Clinton years, they were way more entertaining!)

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey,
Here are 40 well constructed speeches http://www.bushcountry.org/bush_speeches/president_bush_speeches_index.htm
-jesse
(God this conversation is going nowhere. It has nothing to do with Bradbury and even after my several attempts to center the conversation, we can't even get close to being back on topic. Why don't you try refuting or confirming my orginal statements about Moore and Bradbury because this is the point of the thread I started anyways)

[This message has been edited by airjesse123 (edited 07-24-2004).]

posted Hide Post
The fact that Bush is definitely inarticulate most of the time has nothing to do with intelligence. They are often related to one another -- but not necessarily. You have to go to the arguments and look on them on their merits. Whether anyone likes it or not, Bush has an undergraduate degree from Yale, and an MBA from Harvard. Poo-poo that all you want, but it is an accomplishment that argues against the Bush is stupid position. This again goes the the problem with liberals -- their arrogance. Anyone who disagrees with them must be wrong because, well, liberals are always right. If they're right, and someone disagrees, then they (the disagree-ors) must be stupid. It becomes a matter of definition.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,

If people disagree with me on my views, I don't think they're necessarily wrong. I think Bush is a moron and I know full well that many people think I'm wrong and that's fine with me. Of course, I also don't know whether Kerry's a better alternative and that's going to make voting somewhat difficult for me in November!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People disagree with me often, and that's fine. My own view is that I doubt that ANYONE who has made it to the office of president has been a moron. Disagree with his views. Mock his inarticulate use of the language, etc., but he has always been underestimated.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dark, correction, he has been MISUNDERESTIMATED
-Jesse

posted Hide Post
Funny term. Have I seen it elsewhere in reference to Bush? Is it one of his terms?

posted Hide Post
April 13 2004 speech: Second line.
March 20 2004 Bush and the Press: From a Bush supporter: http://captained.blogs.com/captains_quarters/2004/02/bush_on_meet_th.html

These are in the top five speaches you gave as "well-crafted and well-delivered". I didn't bother continuing. You should also realize it's not hard reading what someone else wrote for you. I must admit that he can read all-right sometimes (not always). But when it comes to actually talking on the spot, as in the NBC interview, Bush shows that he's plain terrible. Your site just cemented my views.

Cheers, Translator

posted Hide Post
Having an MBA says nothing about intelligence. It also helped that he was the Prez's son while in school, don't you think?
Being inarticulate is one half the problem. There were plenty of inarticulate brilliant people in the world. Being inarticulate combined with a lack of common knowledge, like who Putin is, where Africa lies (and that it's not a country), and other such, I think you would agree, necessary things is the other half. It is this half that shows Bush to be a half-wit.
Yes, Misunderestimating is just another term he coined.
Cheers, Translator

[This message has been edited by Translator (edited 07-26-2004).]

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
The fact that Bush is definitely inarticulate most of the time has nothing to do with intelligence. They are often related to one another -- but not necessarily. You have to go to the arguments and look on them on their merits. Whether anyone likes it or not, Bush has an undergraduate degree from Yale, and an MBA from Harvard. Poo-poo that all you want, but it is an accomplishment that argues against the Bush is stupid position. This again goes the the problem with liberals -- their arrogance. Anyone who disagrees with them must be wrong because, well, liberals are always right. If they're right, and someone disagrees, then they (the disagree-ors) must be stupid. It becomes a matter of definition.

I can poo-poo that degree all I want. Not because I am a scary liberal bent on the destruction of the world, but because I know just how one can get a great degree with little or no intelligence...It's called being rich (especially in this CAPITALIST society where money means more than intelligence...). I graduated from a VERY rich day school in New Jersey (because my parents are teachers there i got free tuition) and this school is filled with some very dense people...and yet....everyone of them will go off to some Ivy league college. Do you know why? Because my parents were regularly bullied by the administration to give higher grades to students that did not deserve them. The whole school is a college degree factory...it teaches the children of the wealthy how to lie and cheat their way to a degree so that they can be placed in a high ranking position in mommy or daddys' business....

If this can happen at the level of mildly obnoxiously rich people...what do you think can be accomplished by the child of a former president of the United States? really Mr. Dark....please look at the country you live in before you so easily praise its leaders.....

and airjesse....your original point was just that you love ray bradbury a lot....and think that Moore is a poopyhead for "stealing" Bradbury's title...i disagree adamantly with this....that is all there is too it....if you want to ask a question that would bring this post back on topic....be my guest....

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh and by the way......

you rule translator....

thanks for holdin down the fort while i was gone.....

;-)

Posts: 70 | Location: US | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post