Ray Bradbury Forums
A Medicine For Inspiration!

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/741104943

10 April 2010, 07:00 PM
Kukai_Aoki
A Medicine For Inspiration!
A friend of mine from down south asked me to accompany her to The 3rd annual Tallahassee Film Festival in Florida, where they are showing a plethora of great indie films.

Unfortuantly, I could not go, but she has much to tell me about these films.

One thing that caught her eye was a film titled "Medicine For Melancholy". She immediatly called me after it was finished, and told me that our Ray had been thanked in the credits.

I'm most curious to see it and see how much inspiration from Ray's orignal story was put into it.

Director:

"Oh, death!"
16 January 2011, 11:20 AM
Flashfilms
Here's an interesting interview with the director discussing how he made this film, and acknowledging the tribute to Ray Bradbury (at 2:57):

Barry Jenkins' Medicine for Melancholy

The film is a low-budget indie feature about a young couple getting to know each other after a one-night stand in San Francisco, so it has nothing to do with Ray's story other than the title. That title, of course, originally came from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream, but it was nice to see Ray getting a mention in the 'Thank You' credit list at the end of the film.
16 January 2011, 06:24 PM
Kukai_Aoki
Will we be seeing a DVD release, or a distribution of some sort? I'm very curious to see the film.

"Oh, death!"