Ray Bradbury Forums
So very sorry

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/7307008616

09 June 2012, 08:57 PM
N.C.F.
So very sorry
This may sound strange, but I am writing to Ray to apologize. I know of no other way to do so.
About a year ago I sent a letter to Ray at 1*2** C****** **., (a number etched in my mind since 1968 or 1969, last time Ray wrote to me) but it was returned stamped "no such address". I certainly thought anyone in the area would know the famous man, but apparently the USPO didn't. It is possible I addressed it to Beverly Hills - some parts of memory are faulty. All this to say I did try to get an apology to the dear man who wrote to me so many years ago, telling me to, "write...write every day, dammit. Eat it breathe it live it or you won't make it".
Philosophical differences prevented further discourse; no wonder: he sensed a nut when he saw one. Except that I wasn't one; just a bit of a zealot in my younger years.
I should have written much more in way of apology. He meant well and encouraged me to write, and that meant a lot to me. I still have his letter.
I didn't write; no time. Too busy supporting a family - and all the rest is history.
But I never forgot that Ray was willing to write a young man in Akron, Ohio and encourage him.
Thanks, Ray. Happy trails, wherever you are.
NCF