Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers. Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

- Steve Bannon

--------

Mark this date - the first time I've ever agreed with Bannon!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Well, Darkest Hour, Ladybird, and LBJ would qualify as politics at least.

Ladybird?!

It's not about Mrs. Johnson?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"If you can exist, and stay the course - not a course of blind obstinacy and faulty conception - but one of decency and good sense, you can outlast your enemies with your honor and integrity intact."

- Fred Hellerman

One of my greatest favorite musicians! My devotion to his music caused me to fail a lie detector test in 1984, labeling me as a damn dirty godless red commie due to my listening to thirty-year-old music by once-blacklisted musicians!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody PLEASE tell Congress while people in the strike zone are still alive to tell!

Incidentally, in case no one noticed, as certain people seem unable to grasp the obvious or connect the significance, Ray wrote a whole lot of stories about nuclear war and survivors or lack thereof. The most famous is "There Will Come Soft Rains." Shall I name a few others?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

posted Hide Post
Please name them! "To the Chicago Abyss" is the only one that pops into my head without digging.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To make sure I understand the points above correctly ... the fact that North Korea is now a nuclear-armed state is somehow Donald Trump's fault??? Presidents for 30 years have abdicated their responsibility by coddling and placating the dictatorship in North Korea, thus allowing them breathing room to become a nuclear state.

Here's how this works: North Korea's missiles require fueling before launch (liquid-fueled rockets cannot remain fueled indefinitely, so they must start fueling about 24 hours prior to launch). So, we will know if they are fueling a rocket a day in advance of any launch (or, we will at least know they are fueling in preparation for a possible launch). US intercontinental ballistic missiles are solid-fuel rockets, so they can launch within minutes of the "go" order. It is important for the regime in North Korea to truly believe that Donald Trump will not hesitate to launch a pre-emptive strike (conventional) -- if he does not believe this, then the chances go up dramatically that Kim Jong Un might think he can survive if he "accidentally" launches a weapon.

I know you really don't care about any of this ... if Donald Trump has anything to do with it, it is automatically bad in your eyes.

Finally, so now Steve Bannon (who the left were relishing in calling an alt-right neo-fascist not long ago) is a fully believable and trustworthy source in your eyes?

**Shaking my head and walking away**

He said, "You're -- You're not waiting anymore, are you, Chris?"

Posts: 35 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 10 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not about Mrs. Johnson?

It is not. Wouldn't that have been a coincidence?! I saw it the same week I saw LBJ!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The most famous is "There Will Come Soft Rains." Shall I name a few others?

One of his most poetic stories!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C. M. Christopher:
... if Donald Trump has anything to do with it, it is automatically bad in your eyes.

Not necessarily, altho I've never seen him do anything good, nor would I expect it of him.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally, so now Steve Bannon (who the left were relishing in calling an alt-right neo-fascist not long ago) is a fully believable and trustworthy source in your eyes?

On that statement, yes! Of course! Are you suggesting that it's not possible to ever have a single agreement with someone who is far removed from you, ideologically?

Bannon is an alt-right neo-fascist, and Junior did commit treason. Both statements can be, and are, true. I fail to see what you cannot grasp about this.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

On that statement, yes! Of course! Are you suggesting that it's not possible to ever have a single agreement with someone who is far removed from you, ideologically?

Bannon is an alt-right neo-fascist, and Junior did commit treason. Both statements can be, and are, true. I fail to see what you cannot grasp about this.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Ray Bradbury wrote a story called, "If MGM Is Killed, Who Gets the Lion?" The question now is, "If Trump and Bannon are divorced, who gets the Neo-Nazis?"

posted Hide Post
To address the new book Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff and dispel any lingering doubt on the part of anybody about me being some sort of huge Clinton supporter because of my violent objections to Trump, who has about everything wrong with him that any being remotely recognizable as human can have, versus Clinton, who simply had some questionable characteristics:

Hey, I am ill, discouraged, disgusted, and confused enough without reading this book, but for anyone who is, some points do interest me! When Trump and Clinton both ran, one of my theories was that Trump, having always appeared to be a Clinton supporter, was simply a Clinton plant and he and Hillary were having a fine time making monkeys out of the public, assuming she'd win, he'd get a lot of publicity, and they'd all have a good laugh. For the record, I consider the Democrats almost as much to blame for this whole fiasco as the Republicans. Unless they are extremely devious, the Democrats don't even remotely approach the level of evil of the Republicans any more than the Third Reich was equal to the Vatican although the Vatican did strike a deal with them. Granted, the Republicans could just be more obvious about it--nor are the Democrats as stupid either, but that leaves a whole lot of room for vast levels of stupidity. Both parties chose grossly unsuitable candidates and it may end up in the destruction of one or both parties.

Thing is, this book seems to claim that the whole point of the Trump campaign was to sabotage a Clinton presidency. If true this makes me wonder if something happened to sour Trump on the Clintons, and if so, what? Was it real or some delusion on the part of Trump, who was obviously losing his mind well before the election?

posted Hide Post
quote:
**Shaking my head and walking away**

Me, too. It's nuts on this thread.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, I wonder if the trumpkins would think it was "nuts" on this thread if a more Donald-friendly line of discussions took place here. As long as it doesn't question Supreme Leader I think it would be just fine with them. I notice how it's never fine with them if their ideology is what is being questioned. Oh, well... Donald is thin-skinned, too.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The fact that none of us have started a pro-Trump thread should answer your questions, Doug. This is not and should not be a forum for anti-Trump diatribes. I didn't make it an anti-Obama or anti-Clinton diatribes. Wrong place.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post