Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
shit douglas you are right... i didnt read what you said, lets leave it at that

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/tPTrIK0i7b4

(Winnie the Pooh rap created with footage from Pooh's Grand Adventure (1997).)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if nothing else this video should explain another view

but why?

posted Hide Post
BTW HOPEFULLY GEOTUS WILL GET OUR ASSES TO MARS FINALLY. NO THANKS TO OBAMA. LIKE WHEN OBAMA SHUT NASA DOWN AND RAY CALLED FOR A REVOLUTION. GOD BLESS AMERICA

but why?

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C. M. Christopher:
I DID defend your right to say so. 20 year US Air Force veteran, flew combat missions in Operation DESERT STORM, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, and Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.

You're welcome.

Thanks! Ten year active duty Navy here. Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, and Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. When people hear, they always thank me, too, but I don't seek it; it was just a job.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by infowars?kekfrog:
BTW HOPEFULLY GEOTUS WILL GET OUR ASSES TO MARS FINALLY. NO THANKS TO OBAMA. LIKE WHEN OBAMA SHUT NASA DOWN AND RAY CALLED FOR A REVOLUTION. GOD BLESS AMERICA

When did anything like that or anything else among your raving drivel ever happen? The NASA cutbacks occurred when Obama was still in school--Ray wrote a poem about it. If Ray called for any sort of revolution I'd be very interested to hear of what sort and when and where he said this. As for cherishing a great writer's legacy, where the hell were you before this thread? Are you some conservative troll shill sent to disturb the board, or merely possessed of questionable intellect, suffering from the rattling of a few loose screws, and possibly a bit too much spare time?

The main if not only things Obama did wrong were being born black, being highly enough educated to confuse people below a certain intellectual level (unlike the current president who has a third grade or lower vocabulary), having a few questionable connections when young from whom he disassociated as he rose in politics, and having relatives in another country who are Muslim...IF any of those things are indeed wrong!

As for objections to the politics thread, any member in good standing is free to start a thread or reply to any existing ones as long as their posts don't violate the rules. For some reason lately this is the only thread which receives much action or attention. If anyone wishes to invite new members please do so. This used to be a very active board and except for quite awhile back a few Michael Moore nuts and several students from one class of an east coast American high school which shall remain nameless, up until a few years ago it was very successful. Any real trouble started not long after Ray passed away...well before the last presidential election.

Since half the members would call for me to erase your garbage and the other half would cry censorship for any editing, even of posts violating the rules, I will simply leave things for now and consult with Phil. Just be aware you are being watched and don't try to push it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
When did anything like that or anything else among your raving drivel ever happen?

Since half the members would call for me to erase your garbage and the other half would cry censorship for any editing, even of posts violating the rules, I will simply leave things for now and consult with Phil. Just be aware you are being watched and don't try to push it.

Hear, hear!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw Darkest Hour. My favorite line in the film: Winston is on the underground holding court in the tube with his constituents, trying to gauge the opinion of the public with regards to whether or not he should agree to enter into peace talks with Hitler or to continue to fight. And he asks the question, “what would you do if the enemy were suddenly to appear on the streets above us?” One unnamed woman replied “fight the fascists with all we that have.”

Well, that’s me, too. So, respectfully, I don't care one whit if anyone is offended by my fight. Fight I shall. And I am offended if you don't!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Darkest Hour" is a great movie. Respectfully, we disagree on how to apply the title "fascist".

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
"Darkest Hour" is a great movie.

Top five for me!

1. THREE BILLBOARDS
2. WIND RIVER
3. LAST FLAG FLYING
4. THE SHAPE OF WATER
5. DARKEST HOUR
6. THE FLORIDA PROJECT
7. mother!
8. THE FOUNDER
9. SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
10. VICTORIA AND ABDUL
11. MARSHALL
12. LADYBIRD
13. LBJ
14. WONDER
15. IT

Oops - wrong thread!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, Darkest Hour, Ladybird, and LBJ would qualify as politics at least.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Well, Darkest Hour, Ladybird, and LBJ would qualify as politics at least.

Ladybird?!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If you can exist, and stay the course - not a course of blind obstinacy and faulty conception - but one of decency and good sense, you can outlast your enemies with your honor and integrity intact."

- Fred Hellerman

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Whilst taking his afternoon break, the "leader" of the free world once again manages to get us one step closer to nuclear war with a dictator who is as mad as he is (and has hair almost as bad!).

Who, even a few years ago, would have imagined such insane and infantile behavior from the office of the president? "Let him prove himself," they said. "He'll become more presidential when in office," they said. The only thing he has proven is what most of us already knew.

This dangerous, infantile egotist leads us further into danger, 140 characters at a time.

My Button is Bigger!

"Live Forever!"