Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
 Login/Join

<harvey101blind>
posted
all because your lady didnt win

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
all because your lady didnt win

All because her "losing" (after gaining millions more votes than the "winner") showed how really divided and hateful is this country which I formerly loved and admired. The following pretty well sums it up:

In case anyone needed reminding:

ABSOLUTELY! Of course, people are not paid for existing or rewarded for simply breathing, yet it's perfectly fine to attack them when they are brave enough to be out in public doing their best to make a living? If this deplorable moronic behavior is acceptable, it is open season by everyone who wants, on anyone of whom they don't approve for any reason. NO ONE who is not a straight, white, "Christian," male, ultra-conservative bigot is safe! (They're not safe either, as the attacked will fight back.) And yet his supporters call those who are upset and concerned "Crybabies" and urge them to "Get Over It" and "Give him a chance and see what he does." Some people don't get it and never will.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's here!

When it comes my turn I would also like a cross, but feel it only appropriate that a copy of Fahrenheit 451 be hung on it. (That Bradbury-relevant enough for ya?)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

And they wonder why we're upset? This sums up a lot of it. Knowing that not only white supremacists, but good people, some of whom I have counted among my dearest friends and loved for decades, willingly voted for this revolting, scum-sucking, slime-dwelling, predatory homicidal monster, makes me feel I live in a world populated by Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde types, or at the least, otherwise good people taken in by such types. Half the people out there are just monsters in human masks.

Examples: one person who still has a Trump sign in their yard, honest to God, I kid you not, refused to reread Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird because of racism in the companion book Go Set a Watchman. How anyone with such principles could favor Trump is absolutely beyond any logical comprehension. Two other people, also dear friends, have disabled children or grandchildren, yet they would throw their own dear ones under the bus by voting for this villain!

Two men, both of whom I have known over a decade, accused the women sobbing in devastation over Hillary Clinton's loss of being "crybabies" only complaining because they didn't get a participation award for their hard work! These are guys I would count as dear friends, one of whom helped me when I was sobbing inconsolably over a much less vital situation than a rapist just being elected President! And yet they would call these women "crybabies." So not only my guts, but my heart, have been ripped out over this.

I feel like the time travelers in Ray Bradbury's "A Sound of Thunder" who return to their own time to discover everything changed from spellings to attitudes. They left a mostly sane world with a few nuts on the loose and came back to a brutal regime with the lunatics running the asylum. I just lost most of my admittedly very small motivation for remaining in this world. My only remaining motivation of any importance whatsoever is to fight this oppression until I am inevitably silenced. I really hope it changes, or takes me with it as one of the poster children eliminated by intolerance.

posted Hide Post
dandelion, what is your source for saying Hillary won "millions" more votes than Trump? From the reported figures I've seen, the difference was well under one million.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
dandelion, what is your source for saying Hillary won "millions" more votes than Trump? From the reported figures I've seen, the difference was well under one million.

What I heard was "over a million and counting" as absentee and other ballots not counted at first continue to come in. I don't know when all will be counted or what the number is now.

posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton's lead in votes over Donald Trump, as to the latest update on this page http://cookpolitical.com/story/10174 is, as I write, 1,677,041. I will continue to monitor this to show all the morons chanting "landslide." Below is a screenshot. I invite anyone bragging about a "landslide" to simply send me $1 for each vote Clinton receives above Trump. If I receive the full sum I promise to shut up about this election entirely!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Our local production of The Sound of Music at The Liberty Theater in Dayton, Washington, brilliantly directed by Steve Edwards, featured scenes of Nazis arriving to take over the homeland of the von Trapp family. In one such scene, adult Nazis teach an Austrian child the Nazi salute, which she repeats with her doll. This depiction of innocence corrupted provoked quite an audience reaction of disturbance and concern.

What impressed me at the time was the seemingly genuine understanding and fear by even very young children, whose grandparents would have been in school or possibly even infants or not born yet during the war. The mother of a child playing one of the von Trapp children remarked to me it wasn't fair the way those kids were showered with adulation, while the kids playing the Nazis, one of whom was traveling from College Place, around 40 miles away, to appear in the production, were met with dead silence, and she was going to applaud for them. When she did, a very young audience member exclaimed in horror, "They're clapping for the Nazis!"

When we did this production in 2004, I understood myself to be living in a certain type of society upholding certain shared values. Twelve years later, where are those values? How have we gone so far wrong, seemingly so quickly?

posted Hide Post
Past high time to share this thing. Donald Duck dreams he is stuck in 1940s Germany and awakes to find he is an American citizen--unlike millions of American citizens who recently awoke to find themselves in 1940s Germany! (Also, this is funny and everyone could use a laugh about now.)

What would Walt Disney and Ray Bradbury have to say about the current state of affairs?

https://youtu.be/S-PZVrWvJM0

posted Hide Post

Uhm, actually, Leonardo, there are at least four classes of people:

--Those who see.
--Those who see when they are shown.
--Those who do not see. (The last few weeks those in America who DO see have been startled to discover the vast number who don't) and
--Those who should be intelligent enough to see perfectly well when they are shown, but will vote for Satan himself if he promises to get rid of people they don't like, prevent certain occurrences they don't like, or preserve their jobs!

posted Hide Post
It's often said that there are two kinds of people in the world, and I agree. However, I don't believe these two types are men and women, Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, blacks and whites, or anything like that. No, the two types of people are Aspies and NTs, and never the two shall meet.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
It's often said that there are two kinds of people in the world, and I agree. However, I don't believe these two types are men and women, Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, blacks and whites, or anything like that. No, the two types of people are Aspies and NTs, and never the two shall meet.

Care to share which kind you are?

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
What You Can Do To Save America From Tyranny: http://www.dallasnews.com/opin...save-america-tyranny

posted Hide Post
Thank you, dandelion.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post