Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The Illustrated Man was probably Ray's least favorite of all his filmed works.

News on the upcoming film of Fahrenheit 451 appears elsewhere on the board.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome where can we find the info about f451?

also i think now that ray is in the spirit realm maybe he could help guide a remake of the illustrated man. or at least could smile back on it done better.

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Information about the new F451 movie is on the HBO thread a few spots down from this.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lol thats what i thought

this is what got erased by dem mods btw way

https://youtu.be/-dqy6-1yfhg

joe "the boss" rogan and jimmy dore talk seth rich murder

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, on some groups people get banned for reposting material which was removed.

posted Hide Post
yeah im aware of what fascism is. thats why i keep pointing out your leanings that way here on the raybradburyboard of all places. i took alot of screenshots cause i see how you roll. i guess only dandelions politics are allowed here. so then this is the dandelionboard. and has nothing to do with his philosophy or love of truth and life and his country... and religion?

but why?

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
the left doesnt know nhow to meme.

heres the definition btw which you fit perfectly into along with obama and hillary

" a fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government, and NO TOLERANCE FOR OPPOSING OPINIONS. under fascist rule the emphasis is on the group, with few individual rights"

but why?

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Maybe it's time for a new Ray Bradbury forum? I believe Ray's publisher doesn't really support this one. We could discuss the books, stories and other news relating to Ray Bradbury. I wonder how much support it would have?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We already have that here! This thread is just one of multiple ones. Most forums have an off-topic thread or political thread. A hiking forum I'm on even has one!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes! one maybe where the mods are less inclined to rant there politics and then erase others views, and insult people personally. that would be more classy.

but why?

posted Hide Post
Nice try, Doug, but it's an argument that ignores volume. I stated my views in detail a few pages back, before it was swamped by a deluge of ... well, what you see here (mustn't use inflammatory language).

And I wish the effluvium didn't appear under "Resources". We used to have extremely useful stuff posted under this heading. There should, at minimum, be a new subdivision to which irrelevant and incendiary posts could be moved. That way, those who insist, for no reason that any sane person can understand, that political screaming matches must be part of the Ray Bradbury forum, can have their say without "censorship". The rest of us can quietly ignore them.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as we are here, I would have to find some way to add an off-topic forum in this format which I don't know is even possible. For a really wonderful author website and message board, please check Stephen King.

posted Hide Post
For those who STILL DON'T GET IT! Here is a video by Tess Rafferty posted 48 hours after the election which I am sharing again. I asked at the time whether it had been read into the Congressional Record and have not received an answer. This video hits simply ALL THE MAIN POINTS of WHY, BEFORE Election Day, Trump (whose name I don't even use if I can help it) was not qualified to lead the United States, or ANY decent country, business, or organization of any kind--not even counting a staggering number of offenses racked up in a little over a year since! For those of us old enough to remember Watergate, we recall Nixon and his cronies being raked over the coals for TWO FREAKING YEARS for less than Trump and his gang commit in ONE WEEK. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE CRIMINAL MATTERS, EVEN ON A LOCAL OR STATE LET ALONE A NATIONAL OR FEDERAL LEVEL? WHY IS THIS ABSOLUTELY INTOLERABLE SITUATION BEING ALLOWED TO CONTINUE?

One thing which bothers me in particular is, as Ms. Rafferty addresses in the video, the offenses of a sexual nature. I especially recall the photograph of the young female supporters of Hillary Clinton collapsing in tears at her loss and people mocking them with, "Oh look at the crybaby sore loser snowflakes bawling because they didn't get a participation prize." Did it occur to anyone that these women or their loved ones may have been sexual assault survivors? Also, why aren't MEN up in arms about this issue? Even those who don't have wives, sisters, and daughters about whom they care, and even those in FAVOR of rape? If they had raped ONE adult woman, let alone at least eighteen, not to mention a twelve-year-old child, they would be looking at a lengthy prison sentence if not life behind bars, also the victims' loved ones should be outraged! Witness the video of the father of the young athletes attempting to attack Dr. Larry Nassar in court! Even the guards who wrestled him to the floor were sympathetic to his plight, and yet "good Christians" go around laughing off Trump's repeated mistreatment of women! Why is Trump allowed a pass for THIS ALONE, not to mention racial intolerance, theft by incompetence and fraud, arrogance to the point of precipitating World War, and seemingly stubborn and willful crassness, antagonism, and stupidity? How can "good people" defend such evil actions? THAT is what bothers us, as much as the man himself! The fact that an explanation is EVEN NECESSARY, AS TO WHY WE ARE UPSET, when any prison in America could yield scores of people more mentally and morally fit than what occupies the Oval Office (when it's not golfing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxSei2fVP0c