Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray really foresaw the future.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray really foresaw the future.
 Login/Join

posted
I have been a fan of Ray's since the early 70's. I just found his "Stories" compilation and have enjoyed rereading the stories with "new eyes". I love the early sci-fi stories where men ride in rockets but they still wear hats.

He really foresaw how technology would overtake our lives. "The Murderer" and "The Veldt" are so apropos to day and so true. The older I get, the more I appreciate his stories. The are still very entertaining but now I am seeing the true meaning.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by countrykitty58:
...I love the early sci-fi stories where men ride in rockets but they still wear hats.

Not sure about the hats, but very few of Ray's spacemen wear those goldfish bowl space helmets. Perhaps because, in Ray's world, there's a breathable atmosphere pretty much anywhere you'd care to go.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by countrykitty58:
I love the early sci-fi stories where men ride in rockets but they still wear hats.

Yes!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post