Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Ravine! A color sketch

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ravine! A color sketch
 Login/Join

posted
Here is a color sketch I made tonight with thoughts of THE HALLOWEEN TREE and The Ravine- I hope you like it- I need to make a big painting

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, love the colors. I see people in the tree, am I supposed to?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Thanks you for checking it out-

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I love the added touch of a Halloween tree!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Jack o'lanterns are my favourite!

Posts: 3 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for commenting LordShen and Griselda!
Halloween is surely on its way!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randomyork:
Halloween is surely on its way!

Tell me about it. I've already seen Christmas ribbon for sale at Costco!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know- it's almost too much. Let me enjoy one season at a time- please! But at least I do long for the fall and Halloween- than I'll get in gear for Christmas. The retailers should drape the different seasonal merchandise in particular colored cellophane so one could pick up a coordinated pair of glasses at the door and see only fall and Halloween till after October- that might work. To quote Jack Skellington, "Oh well".

posted Hide Post
You'd think the Lonely One would do more to keep the place tidy:

http://newssun.suntimes.com/ne...-trash-anywhere.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is awesome! I love the spooky feel of the picture,but the colors also gives it a sense of wonder.

stef

Posts: 5 | Registered: 01 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post