Ray Bradbury Forums
Fahrenheit 451 scene done with model.

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/7261002602

06 April 2006, 06:09 PM
GirlMontag
Fahrenheit 451 scene done with model.
Hello all.
I was quite bored today, and instead of sitting in my dorm doing nothing, I decided to do a little Fahrenheit 451 project. I made a model of Montag's house using markers, paper, two Saltine boxes, a toilet paper roll, kleenex, one VW bug (pink, like mine), and two toy firemen. Using a camera phone, I took pictures of what I thought Captain Beatty's death scene would look like and wrote the story out in a blog with the pictures (some photoshopped a bit). I am quite proud of how everything turned out, seeing as I'm technologically impaired. I'm going to post the link to my blog so that anyone who wishes to see the scene can. I hope you enjoy it!
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&...a5-aef1-0cda83098258

Montag Lives
06 April 2006, 06:52 PM
rocket
That's quite disturbing on a number of levels...I loved it thoroughly!! By the way, I never did comment on your tatoo, liked it alot. I got my first tatoo at 18, it's a Grateful Dead, wings, skull, egyptian stuff. Then dancing skeletons around my left arm, all the way around, boy that one hurt. The first, drank whiskey before and bled like a stuffed pig. Next one completely sober. The dancing skeletons were magnificent, still are under my arm where sunlight rarely hits. Next got a stupid batman bat on right arm, the artist that did my other arm said no at first, should have listened to her. Now, I'm 43. Maybe someday have it redone, possibly another Bradbury? My wife would kill me though, "exquisite", he murmured. Liked the F-451 of the other day as well. Looking at your pictures from today reminded me of watching a still life play, it was strange. You should make another one of the old lady in the house full of books. You could make tiny books to burn in the end of that act.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
06 April 2006, 08:09 PM
GirlMontag
I am really glad that you enjoyed it! No one at my college seems very appreciative. I might just take your advice and do some more scenes to post periodically (since I did have a lot of fun making this). Maybe I'll one day have the entire book done to send to Mr. Bradbury. That would be beyond amazing. Thanks again for taking the time to look at my feeble attempt to honor the book that has inspired me to live life as I currently am.

Montag Lives
06 April 2006, 09:27 PM
rocket
Its not feeble, its art. You could do still photography and actually have it move. You could put your spin on the play because you'd be the director.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
06 April 2006, 10:02 PM
Chapter 31
Good show. Bet Ray would give a smile of satisfaction if he could see it.
07 April 2006, 12:12 AM
dandelion
I found it kewl.