Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    where have all the dandelions gone?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where have all the dandelions gone?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Cutting diagonally across my neighbor's empty lot and into our front yard is an odd phenomenon. A strip of land where the grass dies first every fall and is saturated with dandelions in the spring. It is a pure, sunshine-yellow path that leads to our yard. We call it Dandelion Road. I asked my neighbor, who is pushing seventy and grew up in our little Greentown, about it and he told me that it is where the trolly used to run. Years later they took out the trolly and replaced it with train tracks and the railroad ran through the strip until a train derailed in our yard. He showed me the stone railroad property marker at the end of our property. I'll try to post a photo next spring or if they let their yard go without mowing soon.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THAT IS SO COOL!......... i used to have a small patch of clovers a while ago....... i loved it so much...... it even attracted rabbits, they love clovers. but we made some additions to our house so the clovers died off. BUT I SEE TRACES OF THEM COMING BACK!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, clovers, I will and do plant. Dandelions I won't.

By the way, for those of you thinking "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" The 85th birthday of Pete Seeger, writer of that song, was on Monday this week. Next to Ray, Pete is THE MAN!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ha... you got the joke of the topic's title. i wonder if anyone else did.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are talking MAJOR Pete Seeger fan here!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ettil, did you see "The Family Circus" cartoon today?