Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
 Login/Join

posted
The message board is one year old today. I am sure we all send it many happy returns to "Live Forever"!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

Posts: 26 | Location: The Motherland | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Alfred Hitchcock!

One hundred nine years old today.

Good old Hitch.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ringo turns SEVENTY today.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ringo who? Wink

There aren't many folks who can be uniquely identified by just one name.

Random Ray Bradbury connection: I saw Ringo's signature on the wall backstage at the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Ringo who? Wink

There aren't many folks who can be uniquely identified by just one name.

Random Ray Bradbury connection: I saw Ringo's signature on the wall backstage at the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan.

In Weller's new book you'll be able to read about Ray's Ringo story.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Ringo meeting Ray have anything to do with his signature in Waukegan? Happy birthday to the only Beatle to meet Ray Bradbury!!!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Does Ringo meeting Ray have anything to do with his signature in Waukegan?...

No!

Ringo met Ray backstage at a gig in LA. I gather this was sometime in the 70s or 80s.

The signature in Waukegan is from a Ringo gig at the Genesee theatre, from the 90s or 2000s.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Does Ringo meeting Ray have anything to do with his signature in Waukegan?...

No!

Ringo met Ray backstage at a gig in LA. I gather this was sometime in the 70s or 80s.

The signature in Waukegan is from a Ringo gig at the Genesee theatre, from the 90s or 2000s.

Phil: Now they don't have to buy the book. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Now they don't have to buy the book. Smiler

They didn't have to buy the book anyway, as Ray's Ringo encounter has been recounted before on this very board!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...Now they don't have to buy the book. Smiler

They didn't have to buy the book anyway, as Ray's Ringo encounter has been recounted before on this very board!

Spoil sport...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to two TZ writers who share July 10th: George Clayton Johnson and Earl Hamner, Jr.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Bugs

http://www.latimes.com/news/na...ul27,0,2959774.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Clifford D. Simak: Born 3 August, 1904

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Clifford D. Simak: Born 3 August, 1904

...but, for clarification: died 25 April 1988. (Posted in case anyone is tempted to send him a card.)

- Phil