Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Pandemonium at NewPlace Theatre

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pandemonium at NewPlace Theatre
 Login/Join

posted
Saw four great one-act plays tonight at NewPlace Theatre on Vineland (LA), produced by Bradbury and Pandemonium Theatre Company. The impact of theatre is strong in a small venue, and the actors were quite impressive. They did "Gotcha!," "Ylla," "Bless Me, Father, For I Have Sinned," and "Downwind from Gettysburg."

Bradbury made an appearance there this evening--he seemed in fine spirits and he was WALKING. He said he wrote a new play today, and has another production coming up at NewPLace in eight weeks. Watch that space!

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks for such wonderful and welcome news! I have very fond memories of seeing Ray's "October Country" trilogy live onstage!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say he was "walking" I would imagine that he was using his "walker." How great it would be that he was walking of his own accord.

Let us know how he was "moving along." And thanks for the information.

When I last spoke with Ray I asked him about "Gotcha" as to it being autobiographical and he said that it was and he was excited that it was being produced as a play, the one that you saw I am sure.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are all Bradbury plays generally performed in L.A.? I live in the Midwest, so if any were performed around here, I'd love to see them.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yestermorrow: Pandemonium Theater is Ray's own theater company. Outside of Los Angeles, small theater groups put on Ray's works continually. Many colleges perform his works, and especially popular is 'Fahrenheit 451'. I imagine going thru the schedules of different universities (thru Google)...you may find something happening nearby.

_

Sorry! I couldn't figure how to add photos to this specific topic heading, which would have been apropos, so started a new title. Almost Midnight pix.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One central place to get information on productions of Ray's plays is Dramatic Publishing's website. They publish most (but not all) of Ray's plays and handle the performing rights. Details of productions are here. (Click on the "productions" buttons to see the details.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That's very helpful.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post