Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A child happily lost in the clouds of a wonderful imagination

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A child happily lost in the clouds of a wonderful imagination
 Login/Join

posted
That was me. The great childhood I had was shattered when my father disappeared one day. When I was thirteen he had run off with another woman and then a year later I found I was adopted as a baby.

I didn't understand what was happening. I was so confused. I got too involved in my local church looking for answers I now believe and became a very mixed up, scared kid indeed. I was 15 and I thought the devil was taunting me. My world was both frightening and sad.

I hated high school so much. When I started and my father was still on the scene I achieved good results but when he went my studies fell apart.

Yet the one great memory from high school was the day I picked up the book The Halloween Tree from the school library and I lost myself for hours somewhere magical and eerie but exciting and full of adventure.

I was engrossed, compelled to turn the pages even and I became an avid reader of the fantastic, scary and exciting from then on.

For helping me escape for a short while I thank you so much Ray. For giving my dreamy mind somewhere to soar I owe you so much. I always wanted to be a writer but some scathing criticism ruined my confidence and I put the pen away, only to write some small personal words for myself.

I want to take flight again but this time i want to be the pilot, not the passenger on the journey and perhaps I can take others along with me as you once took me.

RIP Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Joneb, please pick up the pen, keep your fingers on the keyboard, use your finger in the sand or use whatever form of writing is convenient for you and keep on writing. This short bio you wrote will inspire many including me...

Thanks!

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You Should Write. Right? Right.

Mario Grillo

Posts: 3 | Location: New York | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both. Again thanks Ray.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post