Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Somehow....
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somehow....
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I was only saying that he has a right to his own opinion, but this thread has become far too nasty. I'm out. I'm back to my original motto--Bradbury and only Bradbury. And to change the subject: After a long hiatus (not my choice), I will get to teach "The Martian Chronicles" again this spring. I can't wait!! I feel like I'm coming home again!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper,

I thought that was out of character for you.

I hope you have fun in class with MC and let us know how that goes.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper:

See, here we go. Just what are the boundaries for censorship? Nastiness?

No matter how you want to cut it, free speech is not freedom to excess. The closet is open. By that I mean, you get all sorts of opinions on everything. Look what happened to Will Smith's wife last week, Jada Pinkett Smith, when she spoke her mind at Harvard. She is now accused by gays as being heteronormative, that is, supporting a straight life.

If there are no guidelines and/or moral framework, then everything eventually turns into a morass of babble and goo. If left unchecked, a small minority people would get exactly what they want...chaos.

Either this board turn into a disciplined forum to honor a great writer, or it bobbles in grim grit and ground-up dirt to satisfy the screamers who think they are being pinched out of speaking their mind.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-06-2005).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with yestermorrow. if you dont like what they are doing then you can leave. or just ignore it

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post