Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING!
 Login/Join

posted
Of course I expected mass tributes, so that doesn't astound me. What does is I've been all over the internet, and found absolutely no negative comments, and only one joke (the obligatory "Jack Nicholson warned him," which is so 2009, isn't it?--but they'll do it till Nicholson himself is gone.) In the cynical, mean-spirited place this world has become, this is nothing short of outright miraculous! As moderator here I was expecting to have to run around right and left with scrub brush and eraser deleting every kind of smartass comment from high school kids (and adults of high school mentality) only to find heartfelt outpourings beyond my own ability to articulate. Well done, fellow Bradbury disciples!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Job well done to you too devoted and capable moderator dandelion!

For years you have conveyed much information, heart and thought back and forth between Ray and his many acolytes who read and post on this board. You've also kept order when occasional comments have run off the rails.

It's amazing to see how many people have registered here in the last few days to post words of love for Ray and his works.

Thanks for helping to make this outpouring of R.B. appreciation possible.

Peace be with you,

Walt G.

"Stay on the Path."
Travis in: A Sound of Thunder

Posts: 21 | Location: A town still green in Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post