Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Yes, Moore is horrible, so is Bush
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yes, Moore is horrible, so is Bush
 Login/Join

posted
I totally agree that Moore is a manipulator, a Leni Riefenstahl whose propaganda and demagoguery harms honesty debate. But while Moore fans (fan-atics?) like to assume that anyone opposed to Moore is a neo-con who supports Bush. Nothing could be further from the truth. I dislike Bush for the same reasons--I like **truth**, I like decency, I like generosity, I like freedom of speech, I like the right to dissent... whether it is a mean-spirited, money-grubbing, egomaniacs bully with a camera, or a mean-spirited, dishonest, slash-and-burn partisan bully in the White House.

Moore badmouths and demonizes America. Bush harms and divides America with his cynical politics. These two are mirror images of each other. Both are "horrible human beings".

Posts: 11 | Location: London | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
......................No! I'm not going to reply to this. It is too stupid!

Bush, 2004

[This message has been edited by pabillsman (edited 07-31-2004).]

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA USA | Registered: 15 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not even close as a Bradbury topic here. At least the others pretended to have a Bradbury/Moore connection. Where does Bush come in on a Bradbury board?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We haven't had a decent man in the white house since Reagan. It's a well known fact. I hate Moore, I hate Bush, I hate Kerry, I hate Clinton, I hate Bush Sr., I hate Jimmy Carter, and I hate FDR. And Abraham Lincoln was a terrible person.

I probably left some out.

[This message has been edited by John Galt (edited 07-31-2004).]

<A HREF="http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo," TARGET=_blank>http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo,</A> check out my site... It's Bitchin

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of hate . . .

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must. . .resist. . . the urge. . . to post.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pterran:

R
E
S
I
S
T

'''' Join the RESISTANCE....''''

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Galt. You hate Abraham Lincoln? What exactly do you hate about Lincoln?
And if it were not for FDR's politics, you'd probably be speaking German, that is if you were ever born. Clue us in clueless one. (How can you convince me that you don't hate Ray Bradbury also?)

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
John Galt. You hate Abraham Lincoln? What exactly do you hate about Lincoln?
And if it were not for FDR's politics, you'd probably be speaking German, that is if you were ever born. Clue us in clueless one. (How can you convince me that you don't hate Ray Bradbury also?)

Abraham Lincoln is often perceived as a great man who fought for the freedom of the slaves. In reality, he did not care about the slaves, he was concearned about playing England in the South's revolution. Freeing the slaves was just an effect of his preserving the union and not a cause of the Civil War. "If I could save the Union without freeing any slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also so that. -Abraham Lincoln"

As for FDR... If it weren't for FDR's politics we would have been out of the great depression much sooner than we were. Why would anyone in the right mind think that taxing people is a logical response to a shortage of money? I'm not even going to go into that one though. If you want to read more about it read FDR's Folly by Jim Powell.

The free market will work itself out. The government requiring raised prices does not help. Supply and demand sets the prices.

"Clue us in clueless one."
I'm not going to take that one seriously. I've done more reading and inforamtion gathering than many do in their entire life in my 15 years of existance. So, I'd have to say, get a clue jackass.

As for the Bradbury comment. I don't see a need to prove that I love Bradbury for all that he has done. I'm not interested in whether or not you believe that I love Bradbury.

[This message has been edited by John Galt (edited 08-01-2004).]

<A HREF="http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo," TARGET=_blank>http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo,</A> check out my site... It's Bitchin

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe John is only 15. The 15-year olds I know are into skatboarding, Korn, Limp Bizkit, chasing girls (or boys), whatever, but not politics. Anyway, I admire your youthful enthusiasm and passion, John. In a few years' time you'll probably look back at your own 'right old rambles' in utter disbelief.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'right old rambles'

???

posted Hide Post
I suppose I might have read too many Lovecraft letters. Lovecraft frequently ended his letters with "Well, it's been another right ramble". Geddit?

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury's comment that when you are 17 you know everything. When you are 27 and you STILL think you know everything, you are still only 17.

John Galt proves 15 is even dumber.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many of you guys remember being 15? Give this guy a break.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon. Bradbury remembers everything about being young. Of course you know Dandelion Wine is Ray's stories up to about 12. And he remembers being born. So, sorry, this Galt gets no break.