Ray Bradbury Forums
Inspired by Ray/Sam

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/6961012131

15 June 2005, 01:19 PM
deanzat
Inspired by Ray/Sam
About halfway through Weller's bio, I became angry with myself. I'd been putting off writing a screenplay because the last two took many months each, and although I got nice coverage, they never went anywhere.

Last week I received notice that a screenplay contest's deadline was today, June 15. I wanted to enter, and I had an idea, but I did not have any notes; I'd done no research.

Nevertheless, as I got into bed Friday night, I said, "Subconscious, you've got work to do." Saturday morning I sat down at the keyboard. Sunday night at 11:30 I typed "the end" on page 116 of The Homewreckers Club.

Getting into bed, I said, "Subconscious, find the errors." Monday morning I scribbled some notes before work. After work, I edited the screenplay. At 2:00, I uploaded the final to the contest.

I don't know if the screenplay is any good. Frankly, I don't care that much, because I can keep working on it. But I feel like a god. My family laughs as I swagger through the house. People at work think I've got a mistress. Well, sort of.

Thanks Ray. Thanks Sam. I remember now that writing is fun, and writing is an end in itself. DZ
15 June 2005, 02:23 PM
Braling II
Way to go!
Best of luck, DZ!
16 June 2005, 02:39 AM
dandelion
Cool! Congratulations and good luck!